Old 09-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Rex Regina Pouch Review

Please Login to Remove!

My new weekend warrior for my BlackBerry 8800 is the RexRegina pouch. I received this case from Tom Able-Green (tmag2005@crackberry.com). I can see that it also fits the BlackBerry Curve. During the weekends, I tend to chat more and need access to my BB more often, and that's why I like a pouch. During the week, I am often in front of a PC and have access to my email. During the week, I also prefer my BB on my belt so I like the standard leather case with closing flap. For the weekends, the pouch and the easier, more frequent access is preferred. The leather RexRegina Morgan pouch fits the bill perfectly. The leather is Italian and is really classy. The case is available in three embossed leather finishes: Lizard, Crocodile, and Vegetable Tanned. I got the black crocodile. The pouch arrives in a white box with a nice cloth. The pouch has the essential “sleeper magnet” for the BlackBerry, and for the first time I have ever seen, there is a cut out inside the front of the pouch to allow the trackball to sit without having it pushed in. This does mean you need to focus on which way you put the BB in the case and maybe they should consider putting the cut out on both sides. While the case does a great job of protecting the Blackberry, it is a smidgen too long which makes it hard to see the LED. I would like to see them shorten it a bit, and of course for the smaller 8300 you won't see the LED at all. In any event, it’s a minor suggestion. The pouch appears to be strongly stitched, and durable.
If you are looking for classy, sturdy pouch, at $44.95, this case can be purchased here:

http://store.rexregina.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=S1134NVCRBL

If you want to see pictures of the case and learn more about what features you might want to see in a case you choose then take a look here:

Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips - Cases