Sirius_GTO
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Review - Vaja Balance for Blackberry Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

To not turn this into a lengthy review -

STAY AWAY FROM VAJA PRODUCTS.

Their quality is very misleading. I cannot express this enough. I originally thought the leather was DYED but the leather is in fact cheaply painted with low grade paint, onto low grade leather. The leather is supported by glue that is messily pasted on. I've attached some images that will show you the quality of the product.

I requested a replacement to be sent (and i would keep the current until I receive the replacement so I have something to protect my new phone). Cecilia told me:

[my name],
Thanks for the pictures, they have been analyzed by our Product Department already.
They confirmed we are having some issues with the Latte paint used to finish the cases, since it is not performing as expecte, so we until we find a new type of cover, we would suggest getting a different combination for the case, so we will make sure no edges covering problem will be present. Darker tones generally have a much better finish.
Let us know if there is a different tone you want for the case so we can explain the process to get the item returned and replaced.

Best regards

María Cecilia
García Querol
Customer Care Department
Vaja - Leather Products
- Vaja Choice -

What kind of bull crap is that? She just admitted to selling a product that her "artisans" knew had a defect in the paint? The case simply doesn't fit good as you can see in the pictures, and I've had it for 3 days and it's already peeling.

Then she replied to me saying she can replace it but I'll have to send in the replacement first and PAY for postage.

Crap company, Crap service. The products receive is not anything what they portray on their website.

Thank you for listening and spread the word, DON'T BUY VAJA.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
SheepDog

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks for the warnings. I was looking at their website and almost bought their product for my 8830!

off to Seidio I go....!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_GTO View Post
To not turn this into a lengthy review -

What kind of bull crap is that? She just admitted to selling a product that her "artisans" knew had a defect in the paint? The case simply doesn't fit good as you can see in the pictures, and I've had it for 3 days and it's already peeling.

Then she replied to me saying she can replace it but I'll have to send in the replacement first and PAY for postage.

Crap company, Crap service. The products receive is not anything what they portray on their website.

Thank you for listening and spread the word, DON'T BUY VAJA.
Obviously you are upset with them, and from the sound of it that is justified. However, you are not the only person to buy a Vaja product. There are numerous people on this forum who are completely satisfied with the products and service they have recieved. If you aproach the problems that you have in a more mature and less angry fashon you will have a much better chance of resolving them in a way that satisfies you.

She told you that "we are having some issues " and offered you resolution NOT "we had issues in the past and we continue to have them so STFU customer".

Vaja is not an American company and I doubt their employees are native enlish speakers, it is entirely possible that when she refered to "latte paint used to finish the cases" she intended to say "dye". Neither one of us are leather workers, but I see no indication that the Vaja cases I personally own are painted. They have all been subjects to rubbing, stress, heat, liquid etc with no cracking or peeling.

As for having to return the 'defective' product and pay shipping, welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with international suppliers. What would you like them to do?

I can tell you that in the one instance that I had an issue with them (8800 case delayed by almost 2 extra weeks) they were entirely professional and a pleasure to deal with.

I hope that you are able to resolve your problems and get a case that satisfies you. If you decide Vaja is not for you Piel Frama makes excellent handmade leather cases and has a great record of customer service.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
SheepDog

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it

I have tried other cases and still keep coming back to these beautiful cases. I may well try one anyway. It's not a lot of money and after reading the web site I understand what she was saying. They were having a problem with a lighter dye and suggested using a richer darker dye.

The OP over reacted IMHO
Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
coachwife6

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A

I had a Vaja case and it held up admirably for three years and saved my Treo 650 from many injuries. I did wash it one time with a sponge designed to wipe out stains and it did ruin the surface of the leather but Iknew it would when I bought it.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
surfandstrum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I've had Vaja cases for my BB's and always order one when I switch BB's...I do order other covers but my main one will always be the VAJA...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
Spinch

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've dealt with Cecillia in the past. She's definitely not a native English speaker. I had problems with a gift certificate in the past and she was 100% less than helpful.

HOWEVER.

I've never had problems with the Vaja case that I own (iPod Video) nor have the rest of my family (Brother has one for a RazR and an iPod, Dad has one for a Treo 750w). Most likely she meant dye, but the translation was missed up. Give 'em another chance and I know they'll do their best to make things right for you.