BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #21
Borgus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700

Please Login to Remove!

Does the 8700C case not fit the 8700G? I was under the impression that the device cases were identical. No?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #22
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

I beleive Seidio will be releasing a skin for the G shortly.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #23
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Ordered mine today. While I liked the idea of the original Seidio case, thought it left the Berry kind of exposed but with the Skin, that should help. Also was a little leary as I had a case similar to the original Seidio for a Razr phone I used to have. And it pretty much launched the phone if it dropped. But with a skin to protect it even if that happens the Berry should be protected.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #24
fatogre

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the great review LG. I got 8700c about 3 weeks ago, and read every single article from you and Seattle.

I ordered the Seidio skin/holster combo and have been using it for about a week. Overall, its a decent skin/holster combo, but I would like to make 4 points:

1) It doesn't look as ugly as in the photo. I thougt twice about buying it since LG's picture show it as bluish-jelly like tint. However, you won't even notice it after a week. It has a nice feeling that it's protected from minor bumps, and the grip feels nice in your hands. Regarding lint, I keep it outside in the holster (not in my pocket), but I don't have any major lint buildup.

2) Holster is nice with the clasp and the felt inner lining. I can easily get my beautiful 8700c in and out with one hand. However, the holster sit a bit high. I'm a slightly bigger man with the side of my gut hanging out, and it sorta pinches my skin when I sit. I just wished it was lower...or maybe I just need to lose my gut.

3) As evident in the pictures, the earpiece hole doesn't exactly lineup with the earpiece. I tried over and over again to re-align it, but it ain't gonna work. I don't think it actually blocks any sound, but it looks a little sloppy.

4) Lastly, the square cut for the screen, is more like a slight trapezoid. It may be due to the stretching of the material, but the lower end of the square is wider than the top. You can also see it in LG's photos. Minor complaint really, but still noticable for those who spend 75% of their days with blackberries.

Maybe David Chang from Seidio can fix my gripes and send me another one?

Last edited by fatogre; 06-02-2006 at 12:28 AM..
Old 06-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #25
gwar11d2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

My only complaint is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatogre

4) Lastly, the square cut for the screen, is more like a slight trapezoid. It may be due to the stretching of the material, but the lower end of the square is wider than the top. You can also see it in LG's photos. Minor complaint really, but still noticable for those who spend 75% of their days with blackberries.

Maybe David Chang from Seidio can fix my gripes and send me another one?
Although I've been using the Skin exclusivly since I've gotten it. It's been rainy here in Illinois and it's helped a bit when I'm commuting to work and receive an important E-mail (I ride my bike to work and I think it offers some slight water protection). The holster clips perfectly to my bag, and when I'm at work, it's great to throw the skinned BB in my cargo shorts.

I agree, the bar on the lower half of the screen covering the buttons could be quite a bit tighter, but overall for $19.95 (well slightly cheaper with the combo) this is a great option for a case.

Last edited by gwar11d2; 06-03-2006 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Premium skin case in black for 8700G now available
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=393
Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #27
Svenster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Edit: Found the answer on their web site. Sleeper mag is built in on the skinned holster.

With the combo, skin and holster, does the holster have the magnet for the sleep function as found on the OEM holster?

Last edited by Svenster; 10-11-2006 at 12:24 PM..
Old 02-23-2007, 04:17 AM   #28
zaakir
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 32CA3124
Carrier: Sprint

What happened to the pics????

1. 7280
2. 7520
3. 8830