Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Review: BlackBerry Headset review

Please Login to Remove!

Accessory Review

Item: Research In Motion (BlackBerry) Stereo Headset 2.5mm

Part #: hdw-16907-002

The following is my personal review of this Stereo headset.

This headset comes in three colors White, Black and Red. The first thing I noticed when I opened the package were the ear buds. They are very different from the headset included with the Blackberry they are small spherical in shape with a soft gel shroud. My first thought was that these would never stay in my ear. I was very much wrong, once I figured out how to place in my ear they stayed. The headset comes with three different ear gel sizes I went with the gels that were already installed on the ear buds (medium) and they fit perfectly and absolutely comfortably. One of the other differences between the stock headset and this one were the ear phone wires. This headset had two equal length wires which I very much liked as opposed to wires of different length. The mic is well placed on the headset not to close or to far away. The construction is very good and very sturdy for what this is.

Now to the sound, I tested this headset on both the Pearl and 8800. I used several different genres of music so as to get a full range of sound.

The following is what I used for my music test
Run DMC Greatest Hits
Ben Harper Live from Mars
Metallica S&M
U2 How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Tchaikovsky’s Festival Overture 1812 Live recording

The sound of these is very impressive. It is full and robust you can here every sound in detail. I was blown away by this headset as far as sound quality goes.

These headphones with the ear buds are awesome. The gel shrouds help with comfort but they also help reduce external noise which means the volume doesn’t have to be up as loud! Unlike the stock headset included with the BB. When adjusting the volume with these on you can notice each level from highest to lowest. I never had to go above level 5 of 10 other than for testing purposes. At the lowest level I could clearly hear the music but could easily maintain a conversation. On the highest setting there was no distortion of sound but it did hurt my ears. In fact I was using these headphones while reading and my roommate was vacuuming. I didn’t know she was vacuuming until afterwards when she told me. I didn’t hear it at all. If you are looking for good sound quality at a reasonable price this headset is for you! These have a sound quality comparable to much more expensive headsets.

Now using it as a headset for the phone, once you get used to hearing the callers’ voice in stereo it is awesome. I had no problem hearing anyone while driving walking outside in the wind or in the noisy mall.

Callers reported that they could hear me very well in each of the environments. The mute button works well and as expected. These may actually replace my Bluetooth headset at work.

I rate these 9.5 of 10

I got these fom www.eshoplimited.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newoem_stereoheadset_eargels_blk.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	10973  

Last edited by ezrunner; 04-01-2008 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: added picture
Old 04-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
jadam
Knows Where the Search Button Is