Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
MrRadioActive

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Question BB8830 VZW to Alltel - Problems & ?'s

Please Login to Remove!

I am an Alltel customer . I have a spare 8830 (from my Verizon Wireless account now ported) that I want to activate for my wife. I'm pretty savy in manipulating the software around and have flashed the unit with the Alltel software that I downloaded from the OS Links provided in thPinStack.com forum. However when I went to activate the BB, Alltel could not get the data side to work despite assurances that it would work even though this was a VZW BlackBerry. I get 1x service only and I should be getting 1XEV service according to Alltel (1x= No Data, !XEV= Data) . Voice works fine inbound calling and outbound calling - No Data. I suspect that this has to do with the PIN number being tied to my old Verizon account (in good-standing) but the Alltel rep could not tell me more than the PIN looks clear in BlackBerry's systems and that it was nothing that he could see with the unit. When I told him the situation he thought it might have been the Registration ID on the unit itself but since then I have been able to modiy that number. When I try to register the unit for the Blackberry Internet I get the following message:

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

I get that both on the Alltel registration page and the Verizon Wireles registration page. Originally in the programming sequence under #+#+000000+SEND the BlackBerry Registration ID was 2004 and I was able to mirror what is on my other unit which is 144, only after wiping the OS and reloading it. I was hoping that would fix the problem but it did not.

Does anyone have any ideas why this unit works fine on voice but will nto work on the Data side?

Also, how do I change the splash screen on boot up? It still says Verizon Wireless and I'd like it to say Alltel. Is that what the Vendor.*** file is for? I'm looking for some help here from my forum friends.

Thanks in advance.

BlackBerry PIN: 301A0798
ESN: 4CD946D4
IMEI: 355771.01.089201.0
Registrations ID (from prigramming): 144
No registered with the blackberry internet service currently but was through Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone have any ideas??????????
Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
kfrohnappel

Model: 3100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Same problem...

Hi. I was wondering if you found a solution. I am having the same problem except it Alltel to VZW. I've been on the phone for 2 days with tech support. We've done everything you've done. I am ready to send this bb packing!
Closed Thread