Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
marcianx

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default "No desktop organizer configuration can be found for the current user."

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a Blackberry curve from Verizon, and I tried to use the desktop sync software (Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 that came with the CD) in Windows. I wanted to sync my address book from Outlook Express with the device. Looking at the Options, my Application Data folder seems to be fine. I plugged in the Blackberry. Then I went to Synchronize and checked "Synchronize organizer data" and clicked "Synchonize now". There really wasn't any synchronization happening (not address transfer at least). Then I went to the Configuration tab, where I got three clickable and two ghosted buttons:

The first clickable button is "Configure synch...". When I clicked it, it said:
"There was a problem updating the synchronization settings. Click 'Reset configuration' and try again."
Then, I clicked the "Reset configuration" button, it said:
"No desktop organizer configuration can be found for the current user."

I have tried installing Desktop Managers 4.0sp1 and 4.2sp2 and the same thing happens (but these two don't support the Blackberry curve).

Perhaps I don't understand what is meant by "desktop organizer program". I don't know what else to set up to get this thing working, and it's been rather frustrating installing, reinstalling, and keeping on trying various things. Any clues?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I don't believe there is support for Outlook Express. You need the full version of Outlook in Microsoft Office.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
marcianx

Oh. I got the impression we could based on various different posts. A search gave me, for example, the following page which mentions it:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...lackberry.html
Old 06-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I've never sync'd with Outlook Express so maybe I just missed it. However, if it says no desktop organizer program then I'd say it's not supported. You might try Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2...there might have been support in that version. I know 4.3 doesn't support Outlook 2000 when 4.2 SP2 does.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
marcianx

Thanks. As I mentioned, I already tried in 4.0sp1 and 4.2sp2 and received the same error with "Reset configuration". However, it was kinda pointless anyway since neither of them came with the driver for Blackberry Curve.

Anyhoo, I have already fixed my issue by taking it up with Verizon, and they just transferred the contacts from my old phone with a specialized device they have. I should have thought of that before wasting a whole day writing scripts and whatnot to create CSV files to import into Outlook Express and trying to get the software to respond properly (first in Linux with vmware, and then on Windows). So, the moral is...go physically to the carrier and let them fix it. :P I don't really care for Outlook Express synchronization for anything else anyway.

Thanks for your responses.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

The drivers don't necessarily come with Desktop Manager. You also have to install the OS for your Curve to the PC. You can use any of those old Desktop manager's with any Blackberry, just install the OS to the PC, as well.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
marcianx

Thanks, I'll look into that.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
hgraves

I have exactly the same problem and also have an 8330 from Verizon, but I have Outlook 2007 installed. I am running Desktop Manager 4.6 on XP SP3. I have tried DM 4.7 but had the same problem. Any suggestions??
Closed Thread