BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:50 AM   #21
LAT

Model: 6750
Default Why Have the BIS Login why not just forward

Please Login to Remove!

For all those people what setup the BIS to poll your OWA account, which only happens every 15 minutes, why not do this instead....

Setup your outlook with a server side rule that will forward all email to you BIS assigned account?

So I have my corp email account setup to forward (on the server) all my email to [email address]

I end up getting my corp email pretty much as soon as it's sent. I have the BIS set to reply using my corp email email address.

Works great and I get all my email instantly.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAT
For all those people what setup the BIS to poll your OWA account, which only happens every 15 minutes, why not do this instead....

Setup your outlook with a server side rule that will forward all email to you BIS assigned account?

So I have my corp email account setup to forward (on the server) all my email to [email address]

I end up getting my corp email pretty much as soon as it's sent. I have the BIS set to reply using my corp email email address.

Two reasons:

(1) My personal email is forwarded to my @tmo.bb.net address

(2) No matter what rules I set up, our work Exchange server won't forward or redirect any of my mail -- I wonder if the admins somehow disabled that ability...
Old 07-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #23
LAT

Yes your exchange admin can disable forwarding, you could ask then to setup on the server to forward just your email to your BB, then they have control of it. Your work email that is.

I have 3 email addresses being forward to my BB, my personal, my own company (via my own exchange/BES) and my work which is just a straight forward of all email using the BIS. The cool thing is I can reply using either my own BES address or the BIS address and the BB will us the one that matches what the email came in on.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #24
tathepilot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAT

simple answer: when you get 30+ emails a day, that number doubles when you have to delete from your berry and the server...

p.s you outlook client has (out of office assistant which you can use to forward to your push address)

i just want to be able to delete from the server
Old 07-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #25
FightingDevil
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Sorry for the delay! Here's what I got (you have to go to the advanced options to enter all the fields):

Email Account: Name this whatever you want to see on your Berry

Email: Your corporate email account in [email address]
-->This would be the full email add'y..

User ID: Whatever login name you use to get to OWA

Password: Your OWA password for the above user name

Server: the OWA exchange server address....include the HTTPS

Email Account: the front part of your email address
-->from the example above 'whatever' would be in this box

Good Luck...it took me a LOT of different attempts to figure it out, but I've got it working for me now!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #26
LAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathepilot
simple answer: when you get 30+ emails a day, that number doubles when you have to delete from your berry and the server...

p.s you outlook client has (out of office assistant which you can use to forward to your push address)

i just want to be able to delete from the server
True enough that makes sense, hey whatever works for you. I'd love the day when you can have a BB attached to more then one BES
Old 07-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #27
ScottE22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathepilot
I tried that. I think I'm in agreement with LAT - I bet our Exchange admin disabled it for some reason. I would ask them to enable it, but I work in education and for some reason I generally don't find education IT people to be very knowledgeable or flexible. I won't bore you with examples, but suffice to say that it's an unfortunate side effect of the low pay. Don't get me wrong - there are some great ones out there, but sadly for what school districts can pay the highly qualified ones don't stick around long...
Old 07-21-2006, 07:34 PM   #28
tathepilot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingDevil
Sorry for the delay! Here's what I got (you have to go to the advanced options to enter all the fields):

Email Account: Name this whatever you want to see on your Berry

Email: Your corporate email account in [email address]
-->This would be the full email add'y..

User ID: Whatever login name you use to get to OWA

Password: Your OWA password for the above user name

Server: the OWA exchange server address....include the HTTPS

Email Account: the front part of your email address
-->from the example above 'whatever' would be in this box

Good Luck...it took me a LOT of different attempts to figure it out, but I've got it working for me now!!!

ok... it says i was successful... ill give it a try
Old 07-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #29
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

to find the "email account" log into your OWA site and hold your mouse over one of the folders - like inbox

this will display a URL in the lower left corener of your browser

the "email account" is the information after the workd exchange and before the #

hope this helps
Old 08-02-2006, 06:04 AM   #30
spdn4cr

Model: 8700g
Default deleting emails on server

Hi-

I think I'm getting a little late into this discussion, but I have the same problem some of you have mentioned. I don't have BES and I currently have our company email forwarding to my BB account so that I can get it almost simultaneously. The problem is I get about 100 emails a day and I have to delete them from my blackberry and from my office outlook once I'm in the office. Is there any other way to fix this if we are using an exchange server (no pop3) for our company? I am not computer savy whatsoever so if any of you could answer in basic laymans terms that would be great Sorry if the answer was already posted...I've read through so many posts only to get more confused. Thanks

Speed
Closed Thread