BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: many
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default BB 8100 Pearl constantly crashed!! Please help!!

Please Login to Remove!

Not sure what's going on. It all started on the weekends. My wife bought a BB phone as well and would like to change to MyFaves family plan.

She forgot to transfer the address book out of her old Razor phone. The SIM card was given to sb. else already. So I took the initiative to get my SIM card out of my BB pearl and put it into her Razor hoping to recover the address book from the device memory. No luck. Aparantly her address book might be stored on her old Razor SIM card.

So I just took out my SIM card and put it back to the BB 8100 I used for almost 2 years without issues. All of a sudden, my BB features were lost. I still saw those icons, google maps, etc, However no matter which icon I choose, it eventually goes to the AddressBook. Even pressing on the Tools/Options.

Called T-mobile Customer Service, no big help. So I chose to reinstall the OS and everything.

Now I am struggling with the problem all the time. At the moment of typing, my phone automatically booted up. However I don't know how long it will last before the next crash.

What should I do?

Last edited by undemi; 03-25-2008 at 11:32 AM..
Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

If you have a good backup you might consider wiping the phone to see if it resolves it. Otherwise, if you think it's SIM related just pop into a store and ask for a new SIM.

E-

P.S. you might also want to check your free memory just for laughs and grins. Menu>options>Status, If there we PICs and such on the SIM and you copied it to the device memory you might be low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undemi View Post
Not sure what's going on. It all started on the weekends. My wife bought a BB phone as well and would like to change to MyFaves family plan.

She forgot to transfer the address book out of her old Razor phone. The SIM card was given to sb. else already. So I took the initiative to get my SIM card out of my BB pearl and put it into her Razor hoping to recover the address book from the device memory. No luck.

So I just took out my SIM card and put it back to the BB 8100 I used for almost 2 years without issues. All of a sudden, my BB features were lost. I still saw those icons, google maps, etc, However no matter which icon I choose, it eventually goes to the AddressBook. Even pressing on the Tools/Options.

Called T-mobile Customer Service, no big help. So I chose to reinstall the OS and everything.

Now I am struggling with the problem all the time. At the moment of typing, my phone automatically booted up. However I don't know how long it will last before the next crash.

What should I do?

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs

Last edited by Thatzmister2u; 03-25-2008 at 11:25 AM..
Old 03-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

I used JL_Cmder to wipe out my phones a couple of times already. Did a clean install, restore my backups.

Now I have 34MB of free memory. Used to have only 3-4 MB, however I got rid of all the games, chess, Texas Hold'em, suduko, etc.

Now it crashed however reboots automatically, so somewhat better. Just don't know what the next crash would happen.

Last edited by undemi; 03-25-2008 at 01:15 PM..
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
I used JL_Cmder to wipe out my phones a couple of times already. Did a clean install, restore my backups.

Now I have 34MB of free memory. Used to have only 3-4 MB, however I got rid of all the games, chess, Texas Hold'em, suduko, etc.

Not it crashed however reboots automatically, so somewhat better. Just don't know what the next crash would happen.
I hate to say it but if it keeps crashing you might want to try a fresh OS install (without restoring your data and settings) and see how it performs. Otherwise, it might be time for a new device (Oh darn! I would love to have that excuse!)

Old 03-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

It crashed more frequently now. Just finished a call, then it crashed. Still 10 min. later, not booted up yet. All I have is a blinking red light and a dark screen.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
It crashed more frequently now. Just finished a call, then it crashed. Still 10 min. later, not booted up yet. All I have is a blinking red light and a dark screen.

Well JL_Cmdr and try reloading the OS...one more time. Don't restore your data and see what happens. Otherwise, go get the 8820 you are drooling over!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

It finally booted by itself. Now I will switch to the BB theme. Forget about the pretty Vodafone theme. See how it goes. Please no more crashes. I am tired of reinstalls, frankly speaking. I will just let it be.

Still to no vail. After I switched to the BB day theme, made a call. Right after hangup, it crashed again. What the heck!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by undemi; 03-25-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Closed Thread