Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
thaKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default issues w/ emails and pins after OS upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Have the current 8300 OS listed above...had the release prior to that as well...before that, it had been a while since I upgraded...but with the last 2 upgrades we've had issues...

Starting with the release prior to the current release my wife and I both ran into issues receiving emails and pins...followed solutions on here and te only thing that works is a battery pull...no problem, except we need to do this every day...like I said, this started with the previous release, so we got the most recent version a couple weeks ago...and it continues...just about every day we need to do a battery pull in order to receive messages...

It is frustrating and my wife is considering bailing on BBs altogether...anyone else experiencing this? Anything we should definitely be on the lookout for? Please help me stop my wife from bailing!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
MICP1480
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

Ok, here is a few suggestions.

Go to options and click on security. Next, I want you to click on firewall and make sure nothing is checked off, otherwise it will be blocked. The other thing that I can suggest is to resend your service book. To resend your service book you can search for it here to walk you through it. Other than what I have suggested, is to wipe the phone down to factory settings, which can be done under options, security, general settings, and then press the blackberry button to the left of the trackball and you will see in this menu wipe hand held. One more thing, I would suggest pulling the media card before you wiped it. I hope this helps you.

MICP1480
Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
thaKing

Carrier: at&t

Ok, firewall is disabled and nothing was checked...I know for mine I've resent the service books, a couple times actually...I've tried registering a different host table as well...

I guess I can try factory defaults...what does that reset, and what will be lost - emails, etc? Is there something in the faqs to read up on?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
MICP1480
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

I am not an expert in Blackberry's, but I learned from making mistakes, and just by reviewing problems others have had, and what was done to resolve it. Any how back to you, everything would be lost but if you have outlook on your computer with all your contacts and scheduled events on it, then once you sync it up you should be able to get everything put back onto your device. If you set it to factory settings you operating system may go back to 4.3 and the desktop manager may have to reflect that. I don't know if the desktop manger 4.5 would have any conflicts with the 4.3 system. You can try over the air upgrade once you have the device set at factory setting and leave the desktop manager alone. Have you called your wireless company, and what did they have to suggest? If I think of anything else I'll get back to you.

MICP1480
Old 03-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #5
drizzt09

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Canada

open dos prompt, navigate in dos to:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
type: loader.exe /resettofactory

This worked for me awhile back.
This will not send you back to a previous version of the OS