Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
cpalmer17
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default From One Curve 8330 to Another!

Please Login to Remove!

Here's one that will probably stump even the experts in this forum! I have been using a BB 8330 (Verizon) on BES at my company. Unfortunately, my job is being eliminated so I have to return the device. Today, I purchased a device for my personal use- the exact same model, again with Verizon. I like the features/functionality of the company issued device so I figured I'd stay with it.

I wanted to retain most of my settings, all my apps, all my contacts, etc. I had been sync'ing with Lotus Notes (company application). Obviously, I won't be using that going forward and don't want or need the Lotus Notes calendar. So, I used the Desktop Mgr. to move data and settings from the old device to the new device. I have a feeling that some of the BES stuff (permissions, policies and such) came over with the migration. I want the contacts, but want to be able to synchronize with a non-corporate Email, Calendar and Contacts application (my company was using Lotus Notes). In looking at the synchronization configuration in DM, there doesn't seem to be any opportunity to choose anything but Lotus Notes. If, for example, I wanted to use Outlook, Outlook Express or Yahoo, how can I "undo" the Lotus Notes default? Also, how can I make sure other BES stuff is removed without getting rid of stuff I want, like all my contacts from Lotus Notes that are on the old BB? I've read through the "removing IT policy" FAQ, but didn't really get the info I need.

I know this is a tricky one and I've done a fair amount of searching, but haven't found anything that really pinpoints this situation. Would greatly appreciate any expert advice anyone can provide. Many thanks.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Did you try using the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
wren
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

when you hooked up to desktop manager, you did copy a bunch of BES settings on to your phone. not suggested since you will not be tied to the BES anymore on your personal phone. if contacts were all you wanted, an easy workaround is to just export from lotus notes to excel, import into outlook and then synch.
Closed Thread