Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
diverse
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: tm
Default WiFi Promblems With Orange (UK)

Please Login to Remove!

I have a bold that came from TMUK that is unlocked. I have a TM UK sim and my wifi works fine. I have moved to orange PAYG (which contrary to what other say, is supported on all BB devices). When I put my orange SIM in I have no wifi connection. When I put the TM sim back in all is well. I got the Orange SIM working when I transfered my account to a new sim because they allegedly put me on to a BES account when I want BIS. Orange seem to have no clue how to remedy this. BES is no use to me as the Maps/Facebook/Google won't work.

Has anyone got an idea why the WiFi works on TM but not orange? They say they've removed and re-applied the service but nothing has worked, AAAAARGH!!

Removing the battery, deleting the service books and the host routing tables hasn't worked. As soon as I put the TM sim in, WiFi goes white (with green tick in the manage connection page).

When I swithced orange sims to 3G the wifi worked, allegedly (according to orange) my account had been provisioned at their end for BIS and BES. When they removed BES the wifi dissapeared again.

Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
dmacd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Same problem

I have a monthly Orange account (not PAYG) and have noticed that WiFi no longer seems to work. It worked alright for the last year on my Bold but not anymore.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

I suspect that when they removed BES provisioning they removed all Blackberry provisioning. Your BB (with the Orange SIM in) is behaving as if it has no Blackberry Data Plan, neither BIS nor BES.

Orange customer service seems to have the same problem as Rogers. Call back and try to get to talk to a supervisor or someone more experienced.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
mtmcgavock

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK

I've had the same problem, the wifi worked for about 6 months then suddenly decided to stop working about a week and half ago. I'm on orange contract aswell. I've rung orange and they've said everything is fine.
Closed Thread