BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Juliann

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Phone damaged by the demagnetizer (HELP IS URGENT)

Please Login to Remove!

Long story short, I was out with my little brother buying a few gifts at ToysRUs on sunday and he got frustrated when I mentioned that trip wasn't for him. He asked to look at my bold and unbeknownst to me, he ran it over the demagnetizer at the checkout counter for what seemed like a split second.

So.... heres the part where I looked online (trust me, i've been doing so for the past few hours) for a fix, and none of them seem to work. Hence, my first post here - putting two and two together.

It wasn't until late monday night that the phone's screen just went flat out white, with vertical lines spread all around. Putting the phone to sleep and "reawakening" it used to solve the problem, but now it's stuck at the white (half the time is black, then gradually changes to white) screen. I've tried making calls to it via home phone, but it takes me straight to voicemail - which would be odd if it's strictly a screen issue. However, the alarm clock still goes off every morning as it always did.

Lastly, while I was looking up ways to fix this on other forums and websites, I accidentally broke off two of the side hooks on the chrome bezel while disassembling it (to put electric tape over the ribbons that connect to the LCD as advised by other sources). I may have just voided my warranty (or whats left of it) this way, but my contract with Rogers is over in January anyhow.

Would regular repair shops be able to fix this? Or is there a simpler way of fixing this I can do on my own? Or are the damages irrevocable. My expertise in this field is limited, any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Closed Thread