Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
zduchene
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Clear Voicemail Notification Icon

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know how to force a clear of the voicemail notification icon on the bb? (not the visual voicemail, regular voicemail) Mine got stuck the other day, tried restarting phone, no luck.

Does the carrier need to do this or is there a way to force it on the blackberry?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
jjd228

Carrier: Verizon. (Exchange/BES Architect & Engineer since the very very beginning :)

Used to happen to me from time to time before I switched to YouMail. If you're SURE you don't have a waiting voicemail message, dial in and check your messages... give it a little while and it will update. It always does.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I've left myself a message and then gone in and deleted it, and that's done it for my phantom indicator.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
zduchene

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
I've left myself a message and then gone in and deleted it, and that's done it for my phantom indicator.
I was going to do that, but in between the notification getting stuck and this post I have activated visual voicemail (from verizon)...will your scenario still work?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by zduchene View Post
I was going to do that, but in between the notification getting stuck and this post I have activated visual voicemail (from verizon)...will your scenario still work?
Couldn't tell ya... no exp with VV.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
latinpride613

Model: 8230
PIN: 242154D5
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the same problem. I called customer care and had the voicemail reset. I also deleted VV as well and re-installed it. Still didn't work. I am on the phone with Verizon right now, if I get any solution I will post.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
zduchene

Fixed!
The solution is to have verizon delete visual voicemail clear the notification and then put VV back on your account. It took me about an hour to convince them that it was the right thing to do...
Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
Hanwei

Yup... I had this same problem. The new voicemail icon was stuck.

I had VZW delete VV from my account... then the tech called my Storm and left a voicemail, I called in and deleted it... that cleared the voicemail icon... then we added the VV back onto the account.

worked like a charm!

And you have to do it in that order.

1. Delete VV from account
2. Leave vmail, then delete vmail to clear notification icon.
3. Add VV back to account.

If you do step 3 before doing step 2... it won't clear the notification icon. (we tried this).

Old 05-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
bbstormcs

Carrier: Verizon
Default Clear that annoying icon

After some troubleshooting, I think I figured out the problem and half of the solution.

When someone calls you an leaves a message, it will go to youmail. BUT if another person calls your number while the first person is on your youmail, the second person is bumped to Verizon default Voicemail. This is when you get a text (1 NEW VMAIL 0 URG 0 FAX) and the obnoxious icon and vmail count on your screen.

Part of the cure: Call your phone from your phone (by *86 or your 10 dig number), get into the youmail system. put that phone down. Then grab your friends phone (or a landline if they still exist) and call your phone. Hopefully you will be tripped into verizon's voicemail. When you hear your old greeting from verizon, press # then enter your old verizon pin then press # then go and delete your new messages. make sure you end the call by pressing *. then hang up both phones. you will still get a youmail text or email (depending on your setup) from the first call when you called yourself, but hopefully the icon for verizon voicemail will go away in a matter of seconds.

As i said, this is only part of the cure. I don't know how to get youmail to accept multiple voicemail callers at once.... hopefully you are not too popular. I will forward the url to this forum to youmail cust support because it seems to be a universal problem that they should fix.

Hope this helps!
Closed Thread