Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 AM   #61
The Truth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdog7 View Post
WOW....you must have never modified anything ever in your life to improve its performance. Bet you don't work out either cause your body was so perfect at birth you did not see the need to modify it right?

Come on people if you don't want to do this then don't. If you don't like the phone take back. I mean its a new device that JUST came out. If you went and bought it cause you wanted it first, then you should have known it would have problems.

**END RANT**
Your comparisons are not even logical. "Modifying" something is different that "getting it to work." Adding a K&N air filter to your brand new car is "modifying" its performance. Having to hard-wire your brand new car just to get it to start is not modification, its merely getting it to do the job that it was designed to do. Would you buy a brand new car that needed modification just to get the steering wheel to turn?

Just FYI I called up Verizon and told them about the problems with my click screen the first day I recieved the phone and since then they have sent me out a replacement which works PERFECTLY. So you can keep "modifying" your phone with rubber bands, pieces of paper, and other office supplies while I sit here and enjoy a Storm that actually works the way it was designed too.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #62
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

I use the plastic credit card too, works better than the paper. My battery really does not get that hot I don't think. My friend purchased a BB Storm from Best Buy. Her keyboard is very responsive, almost like the paper trick. It makes me wonder if they have either tweaked something with it, or it depends when and where the Storm was made. She just got hers, and I got mine on the first day.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #63
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

A lot of the phone is made of plastic, including the battery.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #64
der_jensn

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone

Wow thanks al lot. I already read about the paper trick, but did not work for me. the Picture helped al lot. its important to put the paper nearly the midle of the screent to make it work. Thats such an improvement. always hated the feeling of the upper right corner. now all is fine.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #65
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Alternative to the paper.

FWIW users of the "paper trick" should check out this thread.

alternative-screen-fix.html
Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #66
mrjerome
Thumbs Must Hurt

it works! mine been that way since 2 days after the release, with no more issues.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #67
bbaler4444
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
PIN: 30B6A0A6
Carrier: verizon

So are you placing the card between the battery and the back of the battery case, or inside the battery compartment between the battery and the screen?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #68
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think you can do either. I have mine on top of my battery.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #69
mhuckaby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: VZW
Default I love my phone now....

I added the paper under my battery and I updated my phone OS to the latest version. My phone is like a brand new phone now and I love it. The screen easily depresses now and all of the corners depress the same as the middle. The pone update fixed all of the operating issues I had. Woo hoo! I love it...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #70
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 25707D3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasunst3r View Post
Sadly, those cards are probably more effective than those cell phone antenna booster stickers that we see back in the cell phone boom.
You know what, I put 2 stickers underneath tthe battery and I get 2 bars where I would normally get none at a bus station which I frequent :P.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 AM   #71
xtreme__boi
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 20CAC0E8

WOW. Works like a treat!

Nice little tip to read at 5.25am in the morning, lol!

PIN: 20CAC0E8 Go on, Send me a PIN msg
Old 12-31-2008, 02:14 AM   #72
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

Al my credit cards are in use at present. Could someone lend me one please?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #73
SIXTYNINEWEST

A Business card cut to the size of the battery and doubled up is the perfect size. It does make the screen not travel as far as it did and is WAY easier to type.

It is ridiculous to have to do this to improve our freaking exspensive phone. IPHONE doesn't open easy and I guess this is why.

I think IPHONE had a ton more R&D before they released it. This phone has TONS of improvements needed. When IPHONE came out it had little to no Fixes required. Also as you were downloading music (daily) it woud update any software.

Anyway not to get on a Rant this is a good fix.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #74
SIXTYNINEWEST

Also If Any Bb People Are Reading This Get Like The Iphone And Get A Glass Screen.... All Bb's Scatch Super Super Super Easy And I Hate It! I Wish It Was Glass!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #75
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXTYNINEWEST View Post
A Business card cut to the size of the battery and doubled up is the perfect size. It does make the screen not travel as far as it did and is WAY easier to type.

It is ridiculous to have to do this to improve our freaking exspensive phone. IPHONE doesn't open easy and I guess this is why.

I think IPHONE had a ton more R&D before they released it. This phone has TONS of improvements needed. When IPHONE came out it had little to no Fixes required. Also as you were downloading music (daily) it woud update any software.

Anyway not to get on a Rant this is a good fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXTYNINEWEST View Post
Also If Any Bb People Are Reading This Get Like The Iphone And Get A Glass Screen.... All Bb's Scatch Super Super Super Easy And I Hate It! I Wish It Was Glass!
Sorry but I have to completely disagree with your post. iphone has has tons of problems.

Funny I have yet to scratch any of my BB's screens.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #76
breathe

Carrier: Vodafone UK

Loving the old skool method! Did the trick!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #77
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default IMHO, using the screws meant to adjust clickability is better.

I still favor the alternative approach.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...creen-fix.html
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #78
George4073
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550

Thank you for this excellent post. The screen was working fine before but now that I did the paper trick it is 100%. I used a cut and folded business card for mine. I also tried the screw fix but didn't notice a difference.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #79
nick2003

I tried it and it also fixed the issue in the lower left corner when in portrait... thanks
Old 01-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #80
Gawain

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

For those that do not want to resort to the paper-trick on a device they just shell some money for, here is my experience with the screen click issue:

I was one of those that waited in line, in the cold, on November 21st. Aside from the common software bugs, the only thing that concerned me was the quality of the click, versus a couple of friends 9530s that seemed to have a much more satisfying "click".

I decided to work with it, to make sure it wasn't me. After about five weeks, I decided that it wasn't, in fact, me. There was definitely a hardware problem. For me, it was a six-step conclusion...for you, it could be two or three....

First thing I did: I went to the VZW store. Spoke to a cust service rep there, and she said that the Tech Line had a dedicated crew for the Storm and that they would be able to turn a new device out to me in a day.

Second thing I did: I called the Tech Support line, and the first line rep whipped out the play-book for battery pulls, device wipe, etc....got to a supervisor and he said that they had no "issues" recorded about a "screen click issue" but asked if he could look into it and call me back. I agreed, as I wasn't feeling impatient about it.

Third thing I did: I went back to the VZW store, and talked to their resident geek, who was also the store manager. He clearly saw my issue, and make a note in my account about it. He would have swapped my device right there, but he didn't have any Storms in stock. With his notes, he was confident that Tech Spt would turn a new phone around no problem, otherwise, come back.

Fourth thing I did: Called Tech Spt again...they too were out of stock of replacements, but thought they would be able to turn around by the end of the week with "Certified As New"...aka *insert translation of choice here*. I explained to her that was not acceptable, I was under warranty, still within my WFG, and wanted a "New" device. She couldn't guarantee it.

Fifth thing I did: Called the manager of the VZW store, who had just received a resupply of Storms and he held one for me until I could get there and replace my defective device.

Sixth thing I did: Got my replacement.

Bottom line: if you bought your Storm on release day, or after, check your receipt, your WFG should be extended to January 15th. VZW stores, in my experience, and main line customer service are top notch, but the Tech line needs great improvement (treating BB users like geriatric-MotoRAZR-type users is just retarded).

Use your stores, find the geek. Don't settle for a piece of paper in a device you just pulled real money for. The difference is real, and if composed, the result will be far more satisfying.

My replacement seems to have a much better overall build quality (Made in Mexico no less, my original was from Canada, no I'm not ripping on any Canukians here )...clearly apparent.

I'm all about home-remedies, but I feel you should demand better. Go to your store, compare devices, get them to note, and find a replacement. If you bought the 2.99 warranty thingy, you're even better off.

Happy New Year!
Closed Thread