Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
LosingPatience

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Problem with adding a contact in BB messenger

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, i have a bb smartphone curve 8310, o/s 4.5. i am trying to create contacts in bb messenger. The first one i set up was accepted and in my contacts list. The second contact just remains as pending. i used his email address to send the request to join my contacts list. My colleague doesn't receive any notification at his end. (I've checked the email address is correct), i've emailed him on previous occasions and he's emailed me.

He can send me a request to join his contact list, which i have in my emails, but i'm not shown the menu which allows me to accept it. The message says if I don't have bb messenger installed to go to the website and install then come back to the email and accept the request. But I'm not getting the correct menu so that i can accept it.

i already have bb messenger installed. i've tried re-installing the o/s ( my desktop manager is v4.7) but am getting the same problem. I have my colleague's email and mobile in my address book. I don't understand why i'm not seeing the menu to select the accept option. He isn't getting any of my requests to join, it just shows as contact pending on my bb. I've emailed him using normal email, so i know i have the correct email address and i've also called him. anyone any ideas..... getting really fed up with repeatedly trying to send then delete then trying again and again!!! spent quite a few hours on this one.
thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Mark PPG
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (9000)

Try using your PIN #'s.

I have also had this issue before and it usually involved one of the people being on a BES server. It sounds like you're on BIS, so it could be on his side.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
ncflipflops

Model: Curve
Carrier: Cingular AND Alltel - have 2 Curves :)

I am having the same issue after I called Alltel with a problem over the weekend. They had me wipe my Curve, and download and install the 4.5 code on my device. Ever since then, I have not been able to add a messenger contact - they hang in "pending" state. Weirder part for me is that I get the acceptance note in my mailbox on my laptop, but it never changes from pending on the handheld. I've wiped the device again, removed messenger, resent service books, deleted my information on both my device and the person I am trying to add, and still, no such luck. I too am getting frustrated.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
dolphin_lena
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default IM+ for BlackBerry

Hi
Give a try to IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger by SHAPE Services.
I guess it will cover all your requirements!

shapeservicesDOTcom

Best,
DoLphin
Closed Thread