BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #181
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

it appears you can only filter based on the from; to; cc and subject

if you set up a filter that if the subject contains "insert word here" that should help
Old 05-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #182
debaire

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by debaire
Ever since BIS 2.0, my friend says whenever he syncs his Blackberry to his desktop, the gmail messages that are being forwarded to [email address] (whatever Verizon's address is, I use T-Mobile myself) get deleted from his Blackberry. He never had this issue before. His work messages via BES work find. Any ideas?
Please, any ideas on my friend's issue?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:53 PM   #183
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by debaire
Please, any ideas on my friend's issue?
My first suggestion would be to ask your friend to post his own question to the forum. He needs to be the one to do it, not you.

Has your friend tried resending his service books from BIS? If he has BES, why does he need to sync with his desktop, other than to load apps?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #184
twomblys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

I did searches and read the threads, couple questions:
1) How do I tell my imap account to delete the mail from the server? I used to do this on the old interface. Basically, I have procmail copy my email to a [email address] account, then the blackberry hits that and takes the mail away to the handheld. This was to prevent locks and worked great, but the problem now is the [email address] mailbox is huge.
2) Someone mentioned "Yeah it's in the Options -> Advanced Options -> Message Services -> Messaging (CMIME) where you can set the default outgoing address." I do not have "Advanced Options" - anyone know why/how to change that? Sent service books many times.
3) The ability to check mail folders on the web client was great - still not a function of this new web client yet?
Thanks!
Steve
Old 05-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #185
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

What device are you using? Using the new BIS interface the ability to delete on the handheld and mailbox should be automatic.

No, there is no way to check folders on the new BIS.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #186
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

You can only manage the INBOX on your IMAP account. Deleted/Sent messages on the BB will place them in the Trash/Sent folders on the IMAP account (if they exist on the server). What I do is setup the mail account in Outlook as IMAP and then manage the Sent/Trash folders. Procmail will only deliver incoming messages to the INBOX unless you have special rules defined.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #187
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Looks like the 2.0 is giving alot of people some issues. But we all will get through it.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #188
MMWinter

Carrier: Verizon

I just upgraded to vzw 2.0 for my 7250 also. I have thus far thought I would like the idea of separate mail icons...we'll see.
Am also throwing my yahoo account into the mix, since the delivery time seems fast, but I don't like yahoo and don't really want to start using that account. I might be able to use it for forwarding though.

Lately, i've been having problems with getting mail at all it seems, whether fwded to bb.net address or polled. I posted about it before, where i don't seem to get mail, unless I somehow kick it in by sending an email, and then tons of mail from the last few hours comes rolling in.

Also, the last couple days, randomly I believe, because I didn't notice when or why it happened, i was getting the "data connection refused".

I follow this forum a lot and thank the stars for it. hopefully things continue to get better, and go more towards common sense of how people work and want to work, and the convenience of having a berry actually becomes a reality, instead of these constant headaches. I feel like I need an assistant just to keep up with all this.

Will let you know what I think of 4.1.

Is there any word anywhere on Gmail getting integrated like yahoo?

Also, as a general question, i have a wemail account that my boss has fwded to his berry. I am also supposed to be receiving these emails, but I can only set forwarding to one email address. I am trying to configure a filter that will act as a forwarding service and "filter" everything to my berry. any ideas? i figured if i filtered it like this, it would work, but it doesn't seem to be:

any messages "that contain" in the "to" or "cc" or "recipient" [email address] should be fwded to my account. I figured that since all messages that come to that mailbox inevitably have that mailbox address in them, the the filter should forward all emails received at that account, no?

Thanks thanks thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 03:25 AM   #189
havaloc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quick BIS 2.0 question. If you have BIS 2.0 and have auto aging set at 30 days as well as wireless reconcile for IMAP, after 30 days does it delete from just the blackberry, or does it also delete them from your IMAP box too?

One more, does anything think that RIM will go farther and implement more IMAP features in the future (including real time delivery) and folder management?
Old 05-14-2006, 04:35 AM   #190
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaloc
Quick BIS 2.0 question. If you have BIS 2.0 and have auto aging set at 30 days as well as wireless reconcile for IMAP, after 30 days does it delete from just the blackberry, or does it also delete them from your IMAP box too?

One more, does anything think that RIM will go farther and implement more IMAP features in the future (including real time delivery) and folder management?

I can't confirm from experience but everything I have read in one direction - BB to email account. Won't reconcile the other way around.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #191
whsbuss

From the Blackberry user guide for BIS 2.0:

Email messages are permanently deleted from your Blackberry or Blackberry-enabled device after 30 days. These messages are not deleted automatically from your email account. You must delete a message manually from your Blackberry or Blackberry-enabled device for it to be deleted from your email account.

As far as additional features in the new BIS, lets hope more are coming.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #192
donsarlo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Mobility

IS anyone else having these problems after "upgrading" to BIS (on Bell Mobility)?

1. Forwarding to certain email addresses (not all) fails, with various errors. 1error is

host bismarck.iplink.net[192.139.81.1] said: 501-5.1.7 For input: <!bis-xdon.sarlo@bell.blackberry.net> SIZE=1508 501 5.1.7 Path data: Had characters unsuitable for an rfc821-string (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)

Other times i get "unlisted message error"

Composing and sending new email messages to the same destination address does not fail. So something appears to be wrong with the "reply to" on forwarded messages. All looks correct when I login to BIS and edit my bb email address.

I'm suspecting that you can't forward email messages received on bb prior to updating to BIS.

Any one else having this problem, or have any suggestions?

QOTD "upgraded beyond usability!"
Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #193
oodude69

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
BIS 2.0 has one-way reconcilation - from the BB to the mail server only.
Do all of you folks really deal with each piece of email you receive twice?

I get hundreds of emails a day, and it is nice that when I delete from the BB it gets deleted in my imap account. But when I'm at my desk working through email on my desktop, all of those emails are sent to the blackberry where I have to sort through them a second time. This does not seem right and I can't belive I'm the only one who sees this as a problem.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #194
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodude69

I get hundreds of emails a day, and it is nice that when I delete from the BB it gets deleted in my imap account. But when I'm at my desk working through email on my desktop, all of those emails are sent to the blackberry where I have to sort through them a second time. This does not seem right and I can't belive I'm the only one who sees this as a problem.
I try not to manage email twice. In Outlook 2003, I don't allow auto send/receive for those accounts configured on the BIS. I manage most everything on the BB. Since these are IMAP accounts, I do use Outlook to clear out the Trash and Sent folders.

Once RIM supports sub-folder management on IMAP accounts, you shouldn't need anything but the BB.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #195
havaloc
Thumbs Must Hurt

This is something I'm grappling with in my 14 day return period. One way kind of sucks, but what I do is I just use the BB to read the new ones when I'm away from the computer, and I let the other ones that I've already dealt with languish on the Blackberry knowing they'll be gone in 30 days. Not that bad, but...

I want 2 way reconciliation and real time delivery for IMAP. I hope RIM delivers.

With intense competition from Microsoft, I expect that RIM will have to become less proprietary and allow people to do what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodude69

I get hundreds of emails a day, and it is nice that when I delete from the BB it gets deleted in my imap account.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #196
whsbuss

I'm not sure Microsoft does real time reconcilation wirelessly. ActiveSync? Don't think so.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #197
havaloc
Thumbs Must Hurt

It has Pocket Outlook, which works on a pure IMAP connection if you want, having the effect, with the exception of push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
I'm not sure Microsoft does real time reconcilation wirelessly. ActiveSync? Don't think so.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #198
whsbuss

Quote:
It has Pocket Outlook, which works on a pure IMAP connection if you want, having the effect, with the exception of push.
Yes. Pocket Outlook does work with IMAP accounts. I'm not sure RIM's network architecture can handle all the conections concurrently. That's probably why the BIS does not do IMAP-IDLE.

I'm sure we would all like 2-way reconcilation on the BIS, but that's why they built the BES. If they provide sub-folder/filing support, I'd be happy.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #199
oodude69

Model: 7130e

Quote:
This is something I'm grappling with in my 14 day return period. One way kind of sucks, but what I do is I just use the BB to read the new ones when I'm away from the computer, and I let the other ones that I've already dealt with languish on the Blackberry knowing they'll be gone in 30 days. Not that bad, but...
That seems workable. I read in another post that when mail is deleted in 30 days (I set mine to 15) that it's only deleted on the BB and not on the server. So I'll just read the latest and the hell with the rest
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #200
Jern

Thumbs down Frustrated with BIS 2.0 upgrade/Yahoo mail integration

I have been dealing with Telus now with this issue for a solid 3 weeks, so far with no resolution.

My home email is through RogersYahoo in Ontario. I've talked to people at Telus, people at RIM, and people at Yahoo. So far the best answer I've been able to get is that it's everyone else's fault but their own!

After upgrading to BIS 2.0 I would receive *2* copies of the emails sent to my Rogers address, routed throught he BIS. I phoned Telus about this and the solution was to remove my original Telus/BB email address and re-create one. I asked that I be able to maintain my login address as it's used for business, I was assured I would. WRONG! The server said the username was already in use and that I'd need to select another.

Their recommended solution was to create a new Telus/BB address and continue directing my emails throught he BIS 2.0, which I did.

Now everytime someone sends me an email to my Rogers address they get the following response:

Subject: Undeliverable: Returned mail: see transcript for details
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 5/16/2006 2:03 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

********@telus.blackberry.net on 5/16/2006 2:03 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
< mx09.bwc.na.blackberry.net #5.7.1 SMTP; 554 5.7.1 Invalid Recipient>

Telus is telling me Rogers/Yahoo has set up a forwarding rule, which they're claiming they haven't - and I sure haven't set one up. Why would I? Everything is funnelled through my BIS.

Rogers is telling me it's 100% Telus/BB's problem and that my original BB address is still active somewhere, but not accepting emails.

I spent nearly 4 hours alone on the phone last night trying to solve this issue with no resolve.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Jern; 05-17-2006 at 07:14 PM..
Closed Thread