Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Elalith

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Question Another ringtone question for 7100i

Please Login to Remove!

So I just bought a blackberry 7100i from Nextel (merely because I need the walkie talkie service for work, and all of the other nextel phones are ugly) so I know pretty much nothing about it. I downloaded a program that lets you create ringtones from your own music, I made a 30 second clip, and saved it. I now want to put it on my phone, but I have not currently connected service to the phone yet, and when I do, I do not plan on having an internet service on this phone. I have the cord though, and I'm sure there must be some way to just upload it to the phone. I have no idea how to do this though. I have tried several things but nothing seems to work. And if you can help, you've gotta pretty much explain it to me like I'm stupid, because, I pretty much am. I'm not lying when I say I pretty much know nothing about these phones, that's why I came here. Thanks so much.
Elalith
Old 09-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Elalith,

No, not really. It is nigh impossible to transfer a ringtone to that model phone and OS without having a browser on your BB. You really need to use the browser to go to a site where that ringtone is stored and get it.

Sorry.

Welcome to the Forums.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Elalith,

No, not really. It is nigh impossible to transfer a ringtone to that model phone and OS without having a browser on your BB. You really need to use the browser to go to a site where that ringtone is stored and get it.

Sorry.

Welcome to the Forums.
ditto what Jsanders says
Closed Thread