Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Mmmm the Kool-Aid is good

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, full disclosure, I was going to buy a BlackBerry 10 no matter what, and I was going to be happy, no matter what.

But, yes, there are echoes of the PlayBook. The hardware is beautiful, but you find yourself asking, "Couldn't they have done better on this before release?" I don't need to go into detail, it is all being covered elsewhere. Suffice to say there are many things uncompleted, and some irritating bugs.

For me, however, there is enough Wow! to keep me from being too disappointed. The latest (for me) is how the Z10 calculator will automatically switch from a basic mode in portrait view to a scientific calculator when the handset is rotated to landscape view. Cool. And there are other little things that make me smile.

By the way, I am not missing the keyboard when it comes to typing. I do miss keyboard shortcuts, and I still think many common actions take less time and fewer motions with shortcuts than with a touch screen UI, but I'm trying to adapt.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
shootsscores
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Mmmm the Kool-Aid is good

There were/are many features on the legacy OS that makes those phones still running it very adept communication devices. Arguably still the best in many regards. Hopefully many of those endearing BB features will eventually make it to BB10.

The Z10 is an ultra modern piece of gear. Really pretty damn slick for a 1.0 OS. Nice job Waterloo!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Koodo Mobile

if you were to strip out those features from the legacy OS, you would find that BB10 blws it away. I think we all agree - now, imagine how happy we'll all be when BBRY slowly introduces them back into BB10, and they will. 'nuf said for now!

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
WalkingToaster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

@shootsscores

Agreed. It's great!

They have ironed out enough of those early-release bugs now that there's no need to delay getting one if you are already considering it. I got mine last week shortly after WhatApp came out, so I'm happy already.

There are other things I want to see, but I know they're in the pipeline, and the essential things I use are already working very nicely. It's a joy to use- details like the form factor and fairly light weight matter. Best phone I've ever had by a country mile.

Apparently 1/3 of Z10 users switched over from BlackBerry competitors, which is good news for the artist formerly known as RIM.

Checkout the distribution of star ratings on Amazon. Also it's good to see just how enthusiastic the vast majority of Z10 reviews are!

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Z10...cr_txt?ie=UTF8

BlackBerry Z10

(Average 4.5 stars)

***** (57)
**** (3)
*** (3)
** (4)
* (2)

iPhone 4 (16GB):

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-1...cr_txt?ie=UTF8

(Average 4 stars)

***** (64)
**** (22)
*** (6)
** (11)
* (24)

Last edited by WalkingToaster; 04-15-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
WalkingToaster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Actually apparently it's over 50% of Z10 users are from another platform:

BlackBerry: BB10 is stealing customers away from rivals | Mobile - CNET News

Wasn't able to edit my previous post for some reason, so had to make a new response for this.