BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
teqmod

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BES 4.1 Wipe and Disable recovery?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, I am fairly new to the Blackberry world and configured my first BES server last week. While playing with it a bit and getting to know how things work I went ahead and "simulated" a lost device. I selected erase data and disable handheld and that is what happened. I have since added it back and mostly it is working properly. There are 2 issues that I am working with, 1) the device is not pulling older emails only emails from when I re-added the device. I assume there is a flag somewhere the BES uses to determine whether or not to push the message out to the device but I can't see where this would be. I tried the reconcile emails on the device and this did not help me. 2) Under the user hardware ID it comes up as 0x00000000.

My thoughts were since the device was wiped and disabled that maybe there was something I had to do to re-enable this. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
careyana
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT

I know with 4.0 BES that you can set however many days back of email you'd like to sync to a device. I think the default is 5 days (can't remember any more).

I don't think the menu structure is much different in 4.0 vs 4.1. On the BES, go to Blackberry Manager, right-click the server name in the left pane and choose Blackberry Server Properties. There's a tab called Pre-Population where you can change however much info you'd like to sync.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
teqmod

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyana View Post
I know with 4.0 BES that you can set however many days back of email you'd like to sync to a device. I think the default is 5 days (can't remember any more).

I don't think the menu structure is much different in 4.0 vs 4.1. On the BES, go to Blackberry Manager, right-click the server name in the left pane and choose Blackberry Server Properties. There's a tab called Pre-Population where you can change however much info you'd like to sync.
In 4.1 you can't right click the server but you can edit the properties by selecting edit on the right pane. I have it configured for the default 5 days and 200 mesages. Since this unit was wiped and disabled I figured this had something to do with it. It still shows up with a hardware ID of 0x00000000 which I find strange. Other than that it seems to be working OK.
Closed Thread