jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The rumors I heard were November so I'm not getting my hopes up for September. If it happens, then that's all the better.
I would say November too. T-Mobile is always a little bit behind everyone else. But I love their pricing!!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #22
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->

This is just great.
I was supposed to sign up with AT&T this weekend and get Curve. Now, everything is messed up. I may have to wait for T-Mobile and extend my contract once newer curve gets here. I think I will wait, it is only a month away, and time passes very quickly. I have been with T-Mobile since 2001 and I would like to keep using their service, as they have nice coverage in my area and has good pricing ($19.99 over $29.99 per month for BIS)

I hope we can get a confirmed date on this as soon as possible. I don't want to wait until Nov.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #23
AlexKidd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyedipin View Post
This is just great.
I was supposed to sign up with AT&T this weekend and get Curve. Now, everything is messed up. I may have to wait for T-Mobile and extend my contract once newer curve gets here. I think I will wait, it is only a month away, and time passes very quickly. I have been with T-Mobile since 2001 and I would like to keep using their service, as they have nice coverage in my area and has good pricing ($19.99 over $29.99 per month for BIS)

I hope we can get a confirmed date on this as soon as possible. I don't want to wait until Nov.
I can definitely say that it's inevitable that T-Mobile will have some version of Curve -- eventually. So many places claim to have insider information. As far as I can tell, it's very hard to trust any of it. I remember just a few months ago when Boy Genius declared that T-Mobile would be the first to have Curve. BAM. AT&T got it. So retarded - and I was pissed. Pissed enough to try a Windows Mobile phone.

So interesting - now I've unlocked an AT&T Curve and finally got it working pretty good and now they say 8320 is coming September. Whatever - I'll believe it when I see it. I'll just sell my 8300 once it's available and switch to the 8320. I'm tired of playing the wait game.

--Kidd
Old 08-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #24
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

That's great that you got your ATT 8300 unlocked to work with T-Mo. Only if the price wasn't so darn high, I wouldn't even consider switching to ATT.

I also thought about this, We don't know for sure if T-Mo will have GPS (8310) or WiFI (8320) yet for sure. In the meantime, If I wait for it and it turns out to be a bunk, and if ATT stops selling curves, then I would really be in a pickle.

And lastly, I thought about getting the Curve, (there is $100 rebate) I will try to hold the rebate as much as possible, and wait until Sept. If I start ATT on August 19th, I can only give T-Mobile until Sept 15th. If they come out with better Curve, I can just return my ATT under 30 days trial, and go back to T-Mobile.. The reason for that, I got $250 - $100 rebate = $150 on curve at ATT>
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #25
AlexKidd

Exclamation

Quote:
I also thought about this, We don't know for sure if T-Mo will have GPS (8310) or WiFI (8320) yet for sure. In the meantime, If I wait for it and it turns out to be a bunk, and if ATT stops selling curves, then I would really be in a pickle.
Indeed. However, I don't see AT&T stop selling the Curve anytime soon. They might replace it, but I doubt the would discontinue it.

Quote:
And lastly, I thought about getting the Curve, (there is $100 rebate) I will try to hold the rebate as much as possible, and wait until Sept. If I start ATT on August 19th, I can only give T-Mobile until Sept 15th. If they come out with better Curve, I can just return my ATT under 30 days trial, and go back to T-Mobile.. The reason for that, I got $250 - $100 rebate = $150 on curve at ATT>
You'll pay more at Cingular -- over time. Their monthly plans are more expensive than T-Mobile and your locked in for 2 years usually to get any kind of rebate. Some users can use the 3G card and I'll buy that if you really need the speed - and have a non-Blackberry with 3G radio. Not even the next generation of "rumored" Blackberries are 3G, so AT&T's faster 3G network is of no help there.

--Kidd
Old 08-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #26
jeffharris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

I also thought about this, We don't know for sure if T-Mo will have GPS (8310) or WiFI (8320) yet for sure.
I think it has been confirmed it will be the WiFi version for T-Mo, as they are promoting their hotspot@home service -- which I personally feel, aside from Skype (when the app is written for BB), the best possible use for WiFi in a phone, IMO.

Jeff
www.jeffharris.com
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #27
shona67

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessforever View Post
T-Mobile 8320 Sept 07! Wi-Fi Confirmed!

Original Article Here ---> T-Mobile 8320 Sept 07! Wi-Fi Confirmed! - RIM Blackberry Forums - Pinstack.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://images.pinstack.com/images/wifi_8320_1.jpg

From our source:
"T-Mobile's 8320 WILL have WIFI capability! However, we'll have to wait until around September"

8320 rumored specs:
# 3.2 megapixel camera (or better)
# Flash improvement and 6x digital zoom
# 3.5 mm Headset Jack
# External microSD slot
# Wi-Fi capable
# 64MB of memory
# Streaming media support
# 4.5 hours of talk time/17 days of standby
# Stereo Bluetooth
# Windows Media DRM & MTP
# Black or semi Black to be available at later date.
# Top and rear loudspeaker
# Motion Lock
# High speed USB
# Improved build quality

Edit: As mentioned above this is "From our source" - one of them. The photo and specs were cut and paste of an email tip sent to us. Although previous posts on PinStack indicate that the 8320's only serious new feature will be WiFi over the 8300... the above photo does reveal a noticable differnce in the camera's design and thus our decision to post the specs listed in the email we received. Thus far there's not been any inacurate rumors posted from us; a quick search of past rumors originating from PinStack is proof enough. However, bear in mind the definition of rumors.
Where is your proof for Date of Release?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #28
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone tried to buy an unlocked curve and using it with t-mobile? Somehow I think that the curve coming out on t-mobile will probably be the same as the one from AT&T....except for the pearl, t-mobile always plays second fiddle to AT&T......the step child if you will
Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #29
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
Has anyone tried to buy an unlocked curve and using it with t-mobile? Somehow I think that the curve coming out on t-mobile will probably be the same as the one from AT&T....except for the pearl, t-mobile always plays second fiddle to AT&T......the step child if you will
There have actually been many, many posts about using unlocked Curves with T-Mobile, on this site and others (hence the value of using Search!).

The Curve works nicely on T-Mobile if you load the O2 version of the OS. This is the only one that, when you send Service Books from T-Mobile to the phone, gets the two standard T-Mobile Browsers (internet and T-Zones). If you don't care about them, you can use Opera with any other version of the OS - but you won't be able to do OTA installations via the browser.

Re: being the same as the AT&T version - no. AT&T offers the 8300 - without wifi, and the 8320 that T-Mobile will offers provides WiFi and UMA - seamless transition from wifi-based calls to cellular calls and vice versa.

Lots already posted about all of this...
Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #30
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks just read through the post about t-mobile and seems like a lot of work and some people still can't get it to work. I'm guessing I'll wait for the 8300 from T-mobile as someone also said early sept...I'm hoping earlier of course.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #31
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

^^ It takes about 1 hour to load the working OS and about 5 minutes tset the curve up with tmobile after you have done that. If that is a lot of work then yes, you should wait until t-mobile releases it.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #32
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

how is this confirmed???
Old 08-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #33
amelnik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

our TM rep told us mid September for 8320. Only difference from AT&T is WiFi.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #34
AlexKidd

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
The Curve works nicely on T-Mobile if you load the O2 version of the OS. This is the only one that, when you send Service Books from T-Mobile to the phone, gets the two standard T-Mobile Browsers (internet and T-Zones). If you don't care about them, you can use Opera with any other version of the OS - but you won't be able to do OTA installations via the browser.
I ran into additional problems: 1) When loading JiveTalk, it somehow blocks up the T-Zones browser from working properly and vice-versa. Very peculiar. 2) MMS service books are also not downloaded properly, so sending a picture MMS doesn't work. After switching to the O2 firmware, both of these features are cranking right along now. Along with the buggier media player.

The media player isn't nearly as important as the other issues to me, so I can probably deal with that if TMO doesn't release a curve soon. If they do however announce with enough time to spare, I'll very likely return my Curve all put back with their software and spiffy clean for them to resale for a refund.

--Kidd
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #35
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelnik View Post
our TM rep told us mid September for 8320. Only difference from AT&T is WiFi.
yeah guess he was just 20 days off..rumors meh
Old 08-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #36
Taikun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Tmo

lol
Old 08-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #37
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

20 days? why.. rep told me second or third week of september..

does anyone know when will ATT will get theirs? 8320 or 8310, doesnt matter.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #38
noeffectx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: 123456
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
Sucks for those people who jump ship to AT&T from TMO just to get the curve.
exacto mundo lol. Oh well I'm selling my unlock Curve as of right now. PM me if your interested.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackberry/
Old 08-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #39
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

There's already been a post about the release date and it is not September 7 or 14. It's toward the end of September which will make it 90 days after AT&T released theirs.

I don't expect it to be released any sooner than that.

I would like them to release it now but I guess it all have to do with the exclusive agreement that RIM had with AT&T.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #40
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Come on ATT, beat T-Mobile and release 8310 it sooner!! :D