BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
jillybeans25

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Do I switch back to Curve?

Please Login to Remove!

I had a first round bb Tour and it was decent, but definitely not the best blackberry RIM has ever made. My contract with Verizon is up and the only options I have are a Curve or a Bold. I think I've read that the Curve is actually one of the better blackberries out there function wise.

Anyway, I took home a Droid Pro to test for fourteen days but I'm finding the learning curve very frustrating. I am thinking of going back to blackberry but which model is better stability wise? I think both have the option of upgrading to OS 6 -- just didn't know what the popular opinion was of the two phones. Curve or Bold? (Or does it even make a difference)
Old 02-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Default Re: Do I switch back to Curve?

Go with the 9650... better device and upgradable to OS6.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Go to the Verizon site and compare them together. But really, you are the only one that can make that choice.

What specific model numbers are you looking at - there are several different Curve models? And not sure what you mean by stability, could you please expand on that? The OS is about as stable as it gets on any BB.

And don't forget to update your profile with the new model number, not name, when you get a new device. I see that is still says 8100 and T-mobile,but your post says a Tour and Verizon.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
jillybeans25

Model: 9630

Sorry about the outdated profile. Verizon is only currently offering the 9650 Bold - which is about the same as my Tour (except without the trackball) and they're offering the Curve 3G 9330. They do have the storm, but I'm not really touch screen literate.

As far as stability, I guess my general feeling is people had less issues with the curve but I could be completely wrong on that. I know my tour had so many issues (sent back 3 times) and still had software glitches.

But if the Bold is the only one that can update to OS 6 -- then that's a big difference. This will be my phone for the next two years so I would like it to be somewhat up to date at the end of that time period.

Thanks for the input! Mostly a lurker around here and never post, so thanks for the advice.

Last edited by jillybeans25; 02-11-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Max Peck
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A

I think you would find the Bold 9650 to your liking. I've had mine since December. Just upgraded to OS/6 and it's running fine.

-Max :D
Old 04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
lnstevens

Model: 9600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans25 View Post
Sorry about the outdated profile. Verizon is only currently offering the 9650 Bold - which is about the same as my Tour (except without the trackball) and they're offering the Curve 3G 9330. They do have the storm, but I'm not really touch screen literate.

As far as stability, I guess my general feeling is people had less issues with the curve but I could be completely wrong on that. I know my tour had so many issues (sent back 3 times) and still had software glitches.

But if the Bold is the only one that can update to OS 6 -- then that's a big difference. This will be my phone for the next two years so I would like it to be somewhat up to date at the end of that time period.

Thanks for the input! Mostly a lurker around here and never post, so thanks for the advice.
Comparing a Bold to a Tour is an innacurate analogy. The Bold has more RAM and a faster processor along with the ability to run 6.0 straight from VZW/RIM.

The tour has a slower processor, less RAM, and as of yet there have been no known plans to update it to 6.0.

Two different devices in regards to performance and OS.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnstevens View Post
Comparing a Bold to a Tour is an innacurate analogy. The Bold has more RAM and a faster processor along with the ability to run 6.0 straight from VZW/RIM.

The tour has a slower processor, less RAM, and as of yet there have been no known plans to update it to 6.0.

Two different devices in regards to performance and OS.
You realize that this thread is from February?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread