Old 10-31-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
icejet12
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default v4.5 and Documents to Go

Please Login to Remove!

I just got v4.5 and installed Documents to Go that came with it.

However, it was my understanding with this program that I could save email attachments directly to my media card, but I still cannot seem to do this.

If anybody could share with me what further I need to do I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
gfrancis306
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2484D2EB
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by icejet12 View Post
I just got v4.5 and installed Documents to Go that came with it.

However, it was my understanding with this program that I could save email attachments directly to my media card, but I still cannot seem to do this.

If anybody could share with me what further I need to do I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
what problems are you having? i've done that no problem on my 8310 with 4.5.0.108
Old 10-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
icejet12

When I open up a spreadsheet attachment, I was expecting a "save" option that would allow me to save it to my media card.

Is this what I should expect?

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Open your media card and search through their, as opposed to Documents TO Go location.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
icejet12

There is nothing there.

How would I save it to the card I guess in the first place? as opposed to just opening it on my blackberry...thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
urvec
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Connect to desktop manager and look from there
Old 10-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Hi... And welcome to the forums...

If you have Documents to Go (DTG) installed, and you take the time to register, you will be able to open a document and it will open by default using DTG. You will need to open initially open Word To Go and hit the menu key and then "Check for Updates". Once you have registered and downloaded the update, you will have "Sheets To Go". Of course, you will need a working media card on the device. Once you receive an email, you will be able to open the document by menuing the document at the bottom of the email that has the attached doc. DTG will only support doc, xls and ppt on Blackberry. It will not support pdf. It only supports pdf on other phones, not Blackberry's. Once you have opened the document, you can use the "Save As" and it will save to your media card.

Let us know how your doing...

H.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 AM   #8
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

First, when you Open the message and hit the [Menu] button (button to the LEFT of the TrackBall), you can use the Download Attachment option and save it wherever you want. The default location should be in the /Media Card/BlackBerry/documents/ directory.

Second, if you select Open Attachment instead, you should be prompted to View or Edit with Documents To Go.

Finally, even if you selected Open Attachment, while viewing you can hit the [Menu] button and select Download Attachment and save it to wherever you want.

As noted above, you have to register and upgrade to get the Spreadsheet application - Sheets to Go.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #9
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Question

Hi!

I wish I knew this^^ info earlier!

Anyway, here's my problem: I had opened DTG and it kept asking for permission to allow to listen?? Anyway, after hitting "allow" and checking "do not ask to listen" about ten times in a row with it repeating the pop-up, I accidentally hit deny and then after that it stopped asking for permission and each time I tried to open a doc (even in a new email), it said "permission denied". So then, I asked how to fix this in another thread and I was told to remove DTG and re-install.

So I removed the DTG app and when I hooked up to DM to re-install, the only apps to show in the list were my third-party apps. No choices to install or remove any of the others like before when I upgraded.

How do I make ALL the apps show up so I can check or remove them?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
icejet12

Thanks guys, I seem to still be hitting a wall here, here is my update.

I registered Documents to Go and got Sheets to Go via the update.

However, when I open an attachment, I am not prompted to View or Edit with Documents to Go. Even when I open and view the attachment, nothing in any of the options offers me to "Download Attachment", or in any view of the email or attachment.

My media card works just fine for pics/video.

Any further help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
alb123

Model: 9630
PIN: ********

I'm so psyched about DocsToGo since i upgrade. Did the registration and upgraded for free to get the SheetsToGo. I ran into a weird problem just a few minutes ago.

I installed a new theme I wanted to try, I had to add it VIA the DM because it was zipped. Anyway, I didnt like the theme so I went to Add/Remove to yank that theme off my BB. Most applications said NONE for action to take, of course, I unchecked the theme so it would delete and then I noticed that the only options for DocsToGo were to uninstall or downgrade which it DID back to 1.00 so I lost SheetsToGo. I tried going back to the Upgrade option in DocsToGo and it still thought I had 1.02 (with the SheetsToGo) still on my device.

The only work around was to completely remove DocsToGo from my BB and then reinstall it (1.00) and then re-register and re-Upgrade and now I'm back to 1.02 with SheetsToGo.

Why isnt there a NONE action to take in DM's Add/Remove Apps for DocsToGo? I hope this doesnt happen everytime I decide to try a new app thru DM... Any ideas?

Chris

join #blackberry on EFNet today!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
icejet12

Yes, I got the same exact thing alb123, and had to do the same steps you did to get Sheets to Go Back!! very weird, this whole thing is driving me crazy.

Thanks again everybody for your continued help, when I finally get to the bottom of this with your help, it will help me greatly when I'm stuck at a client with no internet access for my laptop
Old 11-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by icejet12 View Post
Yes, I got the same exact thing alb123, and had to do the same steps you did to get Sheets to Go Back!! very weird, this whole thing is driving me crazy.

Thanks again everybody for your continued help, when I finally get to the bottom of this with your help, it will help me greatly when I'm stuck at a client with no internet access for my laptop
Ice...
You could start a cottage industry - Sheets to go back!

H.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #14
alb123

Im very impressed by DocsToGo! Thinking of possibly purchasing the full version. Outstanding application, does just what I need...

Old 11-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #15
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb123 View Post
I'm so psyched about DocsToGo since i upgrade. Did the registration and upgraded for free to get the SheetsToGo. I ran into a weird problem just a few minutes ago.

I installed a new theme I wanted to try, I had to add it VIA the DM because it was zipped. Anyway, I didnt like the theme so I went to Add/Remove to yank that theme off my BB. Most applications said NONE for action to take, of course, I unchecked the theme so it would delete and then I noticed that the only options for DocsToGo were to uninstall or downgrade which it DID back to 1.00 so I lost SheetsToGo. I tried going back to the Upgrade option in DocsToGo and it still thought I had 1.02 (with the SheetsToGo) still on my device.

The only work around was to completely remove DocsToGo from my BB and then reinstall it (1.00) and then re-register and re-Upgrade and now I'm back to 1.02 with SheetsToGo.

Why isnt there a NONE action to take in DM's Add/Remove Apps for DocsToGo? I hope this doesnt happen everytime I decide to try a new app thru DM... Any ideas?

Chris
I think JSanders posted the fix to this although I can't find the thread. Basically, you have to change the DocumentsToGo.alx file to some other extension like DocumentsToGo.old. If you do this, DM will not try to downgrade the program. It just won't know about Documents To Go and then will not try to downgrade it.

This file is located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\Loader Files\ [OS folder] \
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #16
icejet12

Cool, would anybody know why I cannot get any sort of a "Download Attachment" option with my emails that have attachments?. I could really use the help before I hit the road this week. Thanks again.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #17
SMF

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a different issue - I don't have an option to check for updates. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and registered docs to go but no update and no sheets to go. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,
SMF
Old 11-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #18
holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF View Post
I have a different issue - I don't have an option to check for updates. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and registered docs to go but no update and no sheets to go. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,
SMF
Open docs to go - hit the menu button and look for "check for updates".

H.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
alb123

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
I think JSanders posted the fix to this although I can't find the thread. Basically, you have to change the DocumentsToGo.alx file to some other extension like DocumentsToGo.old. If you do this, DM will not try to downgrade the program. It just won't know about Documents To Go and then will not try to downgrade it.

This file is located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\Loader Files\ [OS folder] \
Awesome, thats going to be VERY good to know!
Chris

Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #20
alb123

Thanks a lot monkeypaw! That was exactly the fix that I needed. (And thank you to JSanders for posting the original thread that I apparently was too dimwitted to find... hehe)

Closed Thread