BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
TimSmit

Model: 8330
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Nextel 7520 TomTom 700 Bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

After updated handheld (v4.1.0.273), desktop (v4.1) and TomTom 700 software (5.42) I was able to get the two devices to communicate via Bluetooth. The handsfree calling worked. The TomTom "Download Numbers from phone" did not. "Read/Write message" did not. Getting the handsfree working was more than I expected and I don’t think it would be realistic to expect email and contact interaction.

The big remaining issue is Direct Connect. When the devices are paired, incoming and outgoing phone calls work as expected, but the direct connect is muted. You get the notification of an incoming alert on the 7520, but nothing on the TomTom and you are unable to respond on the 7520.

Has anyone been able to either get the direct connect to work through the TomTom or “un-mute” the 7520 to respond? The only method I have found is to turn off the TomTom when you have a Direct Connect.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
tobenning
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSmit
After updated handheld (v4.1.0.273), desktop (v4.1) and TomTom 700 software (5.42) I was able to get the two devices to communicate via Bluetooth. The handsfree calling worked. The TomTom "Download Numbers from phone" did not. "Read/Write message" did not. Getting the handsfree working was more than I expected and I don’t think it would be realistic to expect email and contact interaction.

The big remaining issue is Direct Connect. When the devices are paired, incoming and outgoing phone calls work as expected, but the direct connect is muted. You get the notification of an incoming alert on the 7520, but nothing on the TomTom and you are unable to respond on the 7520.

Has anyone been able to either get the direct connect to work through the TomTom or “un-mute” the 7520 to respond? The only method I have found is to turn off the TomTom when you have a Direct Connect.

I have the Verizon 7250 and the TomTom 700 paired. They work wonderful as a hands-free device. I believe you have to have GPRS service to get the text messaging and address book functionality to work. To make the phone call go from the TomTom to my phone, I press the function wheel and send the call to the handset. Maybe Direct Connect works the same?
Closed Thread