Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
jrkeat

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default acessing BlackBerry files

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a new 9530 (Storm) user and a somewhat new Vista user. I'm trying to get acess to at least most of the files on my Storm. When viewed through explorer, all I see are the files I copied onto the drive. All I see on the Media Card drive is a "documents" and a "music" directory.

I've been trying to get some Voice Notes out of the phone and onto my computer. I even tried moving one of the files into the "Media Card:\music" directory, and it still isn't visible to Explorer. Some of the smaller ones I've been able to email, but it a stupid and not completely effective solution.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

You should be able to open the voice note program - press option button - scroll to "view voice notes".

When the stored voice notes opens click on the note you want - press options - then scroll to - "Send as E-Mail". If you have blue tooth set up with your PC you can use the "Send Using Bluetooth" option.

Once transferred you will need a program to convert the file to a standard format like MP3. I would suggest Format Factory:

Format Factory - Free media file format converter

It is a really small program and does not try to take over your computer files like most media programs. It is a very good and well behaved media conversion program. Additionally it will convert any video files from your Blackberry.

David

Twitter

Last edited by VIOLATOR; 01-31-2009 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: To add further instruction
Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
jrkeat

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks!

Presumably I'd need to buy some kind of Bluetooth transmitter for a computer of mine. (As I said in the original post, they are too large to email.)

If I instead bought a micro-sd reader, could I get full access to the files?

Your response suggests by omission that RIM somehow deliberately blocks access to the files through the USB cable. Is that true? Should stop looking for what seems like the logical solution--using the high-speed data connection that I already have?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

If you have a SD card installed you can simply connect via USB, navigate to the USB card then navigate to the Voicenotes file and just "move to" or "copy to" a file on your PC.

You will then need to convert them, unless you have Quick Time Player.

David

Twitter
Closed Thread