BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
ttyrell

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Exclamation web desktop manager problem - please help

Please Login to Remove!

I have the WDM installed on a test VM server but I cannot get the web page to launch. It acts like it is coming up but then gets a "page cannot be displayed" error and then the blackberry administrative service - AS stops.

The BES configuration database was successfully upgraded and the LDAP connection was successful during the installation.

Any idea what I can do to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Here is some text from the log files.

main} [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] [ERROR] Incomplete Deployment listing:

--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
ObjectName: persistence.units:jar=90basSecurity.jar,unitName=B ASManagementServer
State: FAILED
Reason: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Hibernate Dialect must be explicitly set
I Depend On:
----------------------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] Cannot create timer table
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error while checking if table aleady exists TIMERS; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)))

Last edited by ttyrell; 10-17-2007 at 10:35 AM..
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
jrbes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

I am having an issues getting the LDAP credentials to connect - I can telnet to the DC but LDAP login credentials has something wrong with it and I cannot find it...
Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
PhanMan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyrell View Post
I have the WDM installed on a test VM server but I cannot get the web page to launch. It acts like it is coming up but then gets a "page cannot be displayed" error and then the blackberry administrative service - AS stops.

The BES configuration database was successfully upgraded and the LDAP connection was successful during the installation.

Any idea what I can do to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Here is some text from the log files.

main} [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] [ERROR] Incomplete Deployment listing:

--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
ObjectName: persistence.units:jar=90basSecurity.jar,unitName=B ASManagementServer
State: FAILED
Reason: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Hibernate Dialect must be explicitly set
I Depend On:
----------------------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] Cannot create timer table
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error while checking if table aleady exists TIMERS; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)))
Are you using your BESadmin user account to run the services? That's what I'm using and it's running fine. Also running as VM on ESX 3.0.1 cluster.

The other thing to note is in your error it says "The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed." Make sure that your vm can connect to your sql box via port 1433.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
PhanMan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbes View Post
I am having an issues getting the LDAP credentials to connect - I can telnet to the DC but LDAP login credentials has something wrong with it and I cannot find it...
I remember I had to fool around with mine for about 10 minutes to get it to work. Check your case sensitivity.

I ended up using our domain administrator account to do the queries.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
mattk0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Yea, I'm having the same issues where it is saying: error connecting to LDAP server no matter what combo's I try..

Last edited by mattk0; 10-22-2007 at 01:49 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
baldcat

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0 View Post
Yea, I'm having the same issues where it is saying: error connecting to LDAP server no matter what combo's I try..
Yep I've got the same issue.. When trying to install, no matter what DC I put in Straight away the error comes up... Doesn't even seem to try and connect.. Any ideas ?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
texx

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

I know this is a little old, but I just tried doing the install and came across the same problem.

For some reason I couldn't get it to connect until I set my username as domain\username instead of CN=username,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com

Once I made that change, it worked right away. Go figure.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
SoUnCool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

Apparently there is an updated version available, just did a re-install with new release and it worked like a charm, no problems at all

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3A876AA2339A78
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
Mastershredder

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUnCool View Post
Apparently there is an updated version available, just did a re-install with new release and it worked like a charm, no problems at all

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3A876AA2339A78
Your link is busted and I can't find any other versions besides 1.0 on the BB website. Do you still happen to have it bookmarked?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
SoUnCool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

try this

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager
Old 01-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
cyberkamote
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Smart Communications PH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0 View Post
did you try using the format : mydomain\username

try it, it worked for me...
Closed Thread