Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on
Default Theme Builder 5.0 issues

Please Login to Remove!

This may belong in the dev forum, not sure.

I'm using Theme Builder (TB) 5.0, and I'm writing 8330 themes for OSs 4.5 and 5.0. I've spent a few days playing with the TB 5.0 software making custom themes, etc. There are some issues I'm seeing that I don't know how to resolve. I checked RIM's boards for TB issues, but I don't see these problems listed anywhere. Not sure if I'm ahead of the curve or behind it, so I'm posting here (where I normally post).

Any help/advice from others would be very welcome.

1. Music icon: when creating a "Custom" theme from scratch, the Music icon is missing entirely from the Application Hierarchy. Because it's listed in all other templates, and because no other icons are missing, I assume this is due to a developer oversight. It will let you add "Music" as a custom icon to the main screen, but when your theme is compiled, the icon is absent from the theme. I assume that this oversight is why so many new 5.0 themes have a missing Music icon - the hooks are absent in the Custom themes template. If you create a new theme based on any of the other templates (Today, Icon, Zen, etc.) the Music icon exists and is accessible. But not in Custom. Which kinda limits your customization. If there's a way around this issue from inside the Custom theme template, somebody please let me know.

2. Web links: if I add an icon for a custom web link -- our corporate logo, say -- I don't want the little planet overlaying it, and I don't really want it to say "Web Link:" in front of the title, either. Again, can anyone assist with this?

3. Is there any way, without writing code, to separate an icon's text/title from its image? I see where you can turn the text off entirely, but can you move it independently from the image?

4. In conjunction with the above, is there a way from within TB 5.0 to have different font settings for different icons?

5. Is it possible to set/preload font settings for the BB Calendar in a theme?

I'm sure I have more questions, but these are all the ones that came up over the weekend. Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Closed Thread