Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
McKenna

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bell
Unhappy Help! Battery Problems Curve 8330

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I just purchased a Curve 8330 and the battery seems to drain without any real usage. The first unit I brought back drained the battery down to 5% without any real usage (receiving of 3 emails and 2 blackbery messages); while at the store talking with the clerk all I did was delete 2 email messages and the battery dropped 10%. I am now on my 2nd unit and the battery still drains really quickly.

The battery was at a 100% this a.m. and 6 hours later I am down to 75% - the only usuage was sending a message on the Blackberry messenger (10 lines total (received and tranmited)) to someone in the same building. I have good signal so the unit is not searching. Does anyone know if there has been a problem with this particular unit - (just purchased in October) - I have tried all the suggestions (stand-by mode, nothing running in background, bluetooth off, etc) nothing is helping to extend the battery life. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I cannot return the unit a second time.

Thanks

Last edited by McKenna; 11-09-2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
wcr3d
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

If you can't return it you had better buy one of the extended batteries. That is far from right.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
snowwy66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: sprint

check all your settings. i have my backlight set for 50 percent brightness. and to shut off at 10 seconds. my batt don't last like it should. i ran a speedometer program once that kinda heated up the phone and ruined the batt a little. but with those settings. i can still keep up for the day. and my phone gets texted A LOT. the back light kills more then making a phone call.

check all your settings and shut down things you don't need and cut down on everything else.

the phone comes with an 1100 battery. i see 1000 batteries on the net. and some 1400's too. $50 will buy you a 1400. that's 30 percent more power.

my first windows mobile was a treo 700wx. the battery sucked all along. i was able to find a brand new replacement on the net for $10. and it kicked butt over the original battery. exact same battery.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
monkeee2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: s and needles
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenna View Post
Hello,

I just purchased a Curve 8330 and the battery seems to drain without any real usage. The first unit I brought back drained the battery down to 5% without any real usage (receiving of 3 emails and 2 blackbery messages); while at the store talking with the clerk all I did was delete 2 email messages and the battery dropped 10%. I am now on my 2nd unit and the battery still drains really quickly.
When you had the 8330 replaced, did they also replace the battery, or only the unit?
As snowwy said, two supposedly identical batteries can actually yield very different results. You may just have a bad battery.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
McKenna

Carrier: bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeee2002 View Post
When you had the 8330 replaced, did they also replace the battery, or only the unit?
As snowwy said, two supposedly identical batteries can actually yield very different results. You may just have a bad battery.
They replaced both the unit and the battery. I have tried 3 brand new batteries in this unit, the one that came new with the unit, returned that one thinking it was defective, a replacement battery, and one from a friends unit, who does not have problems with their blackberry.

Last edited by McKenna; 11-10-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Closed Thread