Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #61
meernabeel

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mobilink

Please Login to Remove!

Hello.

I have a bold 9000 having a similar problem. No display, only Red LED turns on when i do the battery pullout and insert. or connect to the wall charger or thru USB cable to computer. It only turns the red LED on. and sometimes it displays a white screen with a battery and a blue thunder bolt. I have windows 7 on my laptop. when i connect it with the USB cable. windows detects it as blackberry smartphone and it shows in the device manager and then it disappears. Desktop manager or apploader do not show that the device is connected. I have downloaded the latest OS from BB Site and also the Jl_cmdr. but i cannot connect to the BB...what to do
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #62
lee_bruice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Hi Meernabeel!
Have a download a driver system to your phone?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #63
DDappa

Carrier: TSTT
Default Re: HELP! with my Blackberry BOLD won't turn on

Hi this is my first post and I realize this is an old thread.

My bro upgraded to the Torch and had his 9000 laying around so I decided to try it out. Only to notice it won't turn on. I charged it overnight (+/- 7-8 hrs) with the wall charger. But still wouldn't power on. I found this thread and I tried some of the things suggested - but still no go. I have it plugged in to the wall charger as I'm typing this.

I read Canalcop's insight into the battery charging chip - which was very informative. So maybe that has something to do with it. So I plugged it in. The red LED comes on for a few seconds, then LED shuts off and the battery with bolt comes up on a white screen, then the screen dims and the LED comes on - and it keeps alternating between LED+dim screen to no LED/white screen in like about 12 second intervals.
Now, I suspect that it is doing the 10% charge thing - so I should leave it plugged in for at least 10 hrs? Unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter at hand to check currents and voltages at the battery.

So after 10 hours - I can try to turn it on, then? Or can I try after a few hours? It should have some juice to at least boot up after a few hours, right?

If it doesn't - could it then mean that the battery is really shot?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #64
lkendrick

Guys,

Read this thread and another on the crackberry site. In all of the suggestions was one that did work for me. All of the 'kickstart' processes were very similar, but none here were exactly what worked.

Here is the process that worked for me and again it is very similar to one mentioned earlier in the thread. If I've mis-interpreted the earlier suggestion without giving proper credit, I apologize.

Please try the following process.

1. Plug the wall charger into the wall and then the blackberry. (Hopefully you will see the red light)
2. Quickly, remove the battery.
3. Wait 30 seconds. (Hopefully, red light is still on)
4. While red light is on (should stay on for 50-60 seconds), replace the battery in the bold.
5. Wait about 10-15 seconds and you should see the white screen with the clock in the center.
6. It may take a while from this point, but my 9000 did start up from this point.

Another user in the other forum says that this is called kickstarting the battery, not the bold. Apparently after full drainage, the battery refuses to accept a charge. The 'kickstart' tells the battery to start charging again (layman's terms I realize, but that is how I interpreted it).

Good luck and I hope this process works for you.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #65
genuineguy

Model: 8300
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineguy View Post
Hello
I want to share my experience with this forum so that it would be helpful and save a lot of pain.

1. I normally connect my blackberry bold 9000 to the wall adapter once in 3 days, full night for a charge.
2. One of these days, i forgot to do so in 3 days, and one morning , I find out that the b9000 is totally dead. Was running late to office so could not find time to connect to the wall adapter
3. During whole day in the office, connected the USB cable to my laptop and the bold hoping that it would charge, but inspite of a full day connection, nothing happened.
4. During night, I connected the wall adapter hoping that it would pump in a lot of juice, but then, the Red LED used to light up and then the lightening bolt on a battery symbol on white screen would appear. This would repeat. I left it connected whole night, but no luck
5. I tried repeating step 5, after keeping the battery out of the device for few hours, hoping that it may help with some clean up residual charges. No luck
6. I was worried. I had not taken backup for year and I was on verge of loosing a lot of data.
7. Searced internet and a lot of forums suggested that my OS is corrupted. I have to rewrite the OS and would loose all the data.
8. I began to download the latest OS ver 5 and latest copies of BB desktop. these are huge downloads and while it was downloading, I did some more search and hit this forum which saved my data
9. I followed these steps given by one of the forum users and it helped
--------------------------------
Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

1. While the BB was connected to the power wall, I removed the battery

2. I waited 30 seconds, you should see a red light during that time

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.
(genuine guy). My experience here was a bit different. during the first attempt nothing happened. The BB did not boot on its own. I had lost hope but I thought I would try again.... the BB did not come on its own during the second attempt, I kind of waited for about 20 seconds and then pressed the power button and bingo... the white screen with a rotating hand small watch appeared and I was relaxed.... the BB booted and I did not loose any data

I'm going to wait a little bit and see if it charges completely.

I hope it helps.

M.
----------------------------------------------

The moral or summary is that

If you have a white screen with a lightening on a battery, as per my experience, your OS is NOT corrupt and you do not have flash it again.... just a trick of battery and adapter connection sequences saves your life

Had the same issue today again... forgot to charge for 3 days.. had the same lightning bolt. I vividly remembered that I had made this post, googled and managed to visit this post. I followed the exact same steps that I did last year in June and viola.. got the blackberry working again.. interestingly, i could boot the machine during the second attempt and not the first attempt..... this is the same device like last year.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #66
syamlan

Model: curve
Carrier: telkomsel

it just happened 2 me....it was really freaked me out...a big battery icon w/ a bolt sign...., unbelievably it just workd fine after when i plugd on usb into computer...and the win7 searchs for installing the new device and after some minutes the clock screen appeared and vooilllaa my home screen back to normal...
worth to try folks...g'luck...
Old 05-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #67
akwasiblaze

Model: b9000
Carrier: bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype129 View Post
Hello all,

I so someone out there can help me, about 2 days ago my blackberry bold went a little nuts but I was away from a computer to try and re-sync?

What is happing is everytime I try and turn it on I get a RED LIGHT and won't power ON.

When I got home I just tired re-syncing it and I get a white screen with a battery sign with a light bolt and still power up!

If anyone know what is the matter please HELP ME
Thank you
hype129
helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Old 06-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #68
darienwave

I have tried literally EVERYTHING. rebooting the software, taking the battery out, letting it sit for a few days, all the little tricks posted in this thread and still NOTHING has worked!!!!!!
When i plug my blackberry bold 9000 into the wall charger i get first a red light and then the white screen with the battery/lighting bolt switching out periodically. HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT tO DO! I am really hoping it is not something with the phone because I can not afford a new one at the moment. Also, dont suggest anything that has to do with plugging it into the computer because my bb wont even turn on...
HELP! im a bb newbie. idk what to do!!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #69
mvfcfan

Carrier: telstra

Hello i have just bout a bb 9000 off ebay but it wont turn on? I put the battery in red light comes on for about 1 min then goes of then on and off! I even pull the battery out and put it on charge and the light still comes on lol i have tryed everything and now really need help. Please help if you can
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #70
mvfcfan

Carrier: telstra

I get nothing on the screen at all only the red light goes on and off
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #71
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

mvfcfan, plug the device with battery into a wall charger and leave it for a couple hours, then while still plugged in remove the battery for a moment and then reinstall the battery. See if it boots up.

If the BlackBerry does not boot after doing the above, the next step would be to try a new, charged battery. However, there is also a good chance the device is broken. I would be tempted to return it and get my money back rather than possibly throw more money after bad on a new battery.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #72
pphs

Carrier: at&t

guys please i need serious help!so what happened to me was that i left my bb all day at home and when i got home the battery was drained,so i forgot to charge it,then the lights went off and i didnt have a chance to charge it when the lights came back my bb had the light that the battery was drained so when i grabbed it to turn it off it rebooted itself,so i thought that the next morning it was gonna be okay.in the morning my bb did not turn on i rebooted it many times i did everything you are suppose to do! so 2 weeks have gone by and i actually got myself a new bb but i still want my old one its has all the pics and stuff and today i tried to plug into the computer and nothing happened still i have no idea what to do i really want my old bb!!!!!please help me i did everything you guys did still nothing happens!P.S the battery of my bb is new i recently bought it because the other one wasnt working anymore!!please help me and answer me quickly please please please
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #73
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Seriously?

See the post above yours. If all that is wrong is you ran the battery down flat, try charging it as described. If you killed the battery, you'll need a new battery. That is, if all that is wrong is the battery.

If the device is broken, then a new battery isn't going to do anything for you.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #74
LazLong

Smile Re: 9700 alternating between Red LED & Charging Icon

@Canalcop

Thank you so very much for your description of LiPO charging. Based upon your description I was certain that was the issue I was having while trying to resurrect my wife's old Bold to pass it on to my nephew. The Bold had been unused for a little over four months and didn't appear to be charging the battery. I haven't had a device with a LiPO battery and haven't learned their vagaries, and your post was VERY helpful.

Like some of the others in this thread, I was having the solid red LED for approx. 60 sec. followed by a black screen, then, after several magical incantations involving the sacrifice of my first born son, etc. the battery with a lightning bold would appear for a short time then back to the red LED and black screen which was eventually followed by just a black screen. By leaving the Bold attached to the charger for approximately 10 hours I was able to turn it on and have it boot.

I know this is a bit repetitive, but here are the steps I took that I believe led to the Bold properly charging.

1) Remove back from Bold, leaving the battery in.

2) Plug the original BlackBerry charger into the wall and then plug it into the Bold.

3) After red LED lights, remove battery for 30 seconds and then replace battery. During the entire time of this step the LED should stay red.

4) After the LED goes out push and hold the power button. You should be able to notice a few faint flickers of the screen and then be presented with a screen with the outline of a battery with a lightning bolt in the center. This image will disappear and then the LED will light red again.

At this point I repeated steps 2 through 4 several times over the course of approximately two hours. I then decided to just leave the phone connected to the charger for 10 hours. I believe I then simply held down the power button and I was rewarded with the spinning clock. It is possible that I repeated steps 2 through 4 one more time and then was rewarded with the spinning clock. Sorry, but I don't remember exactly as I'm sleep deprived.

So, once again, thank you so very much Canalcop for an explanation that made sense and wasn't merely a set of steps and incantations without any real sense to them.

Last edited by LazLong; 08-03-2011 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: Added @Canalcop
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #75
csavbb

Model: 8520
Carrier: Telus

Hi that happened to me except no light turned on at all and it was dead. I charged it for about 5 minutes. Then took out the battery fully, and put it right back in. And the began to charge it again while on it. Hope it helps. PS. I tried to remove the battery once before but it didn't work. Just give it a couple of tries. Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #76
AwaisKhawar

Carrier: Black Berry Bold 9000

Help Nedded!!! Blackberry Bold Not Turning On
Please help Me!!
I brought a blackberry from a shop and used it for several hours which resulted in battery run out. The charger which i was having was in shabby condition and i was eager to charge it to use it again, i put it on charging but i didn't noticed that the both wires of charger was joined together. From that time my mobile is off and not getting ON, not Even Charging. Please tell me what can i do????
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #77
karasotoha

Model: 9800
Carrier: 3 three

nothing works, sigh!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #78
vpadnan

Model: bold
Carrier: vodafone
Post Re: HELP! with my Blackberry BOLD won't turn on

well i had the same problem before an hour but then it was easy to fix.......
what i did is as easy as one step.

i tried charging it with the charger but it didn't work so here what i did.

1. plug in the phone with pc using usb cable (normal one).

2. the phone will show a sign with no battry, but remeber dont do anything like taking out usb cable, dont do anything (important)

3.keep it till it shutdowns alone and than by itself will boot up and will show the clock which means its charging.

4.than wait for 10 min to take out the usb cable and plug the charger.

worked for me....
Old 11-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #79
jambrul

Carrier: Telkomsel

Tested on my dead Bold 9000

- Do not plug the phone any time soon.
- Delete current version of Desktop Manager and install v4.6 preferrably without media manager
- Uninstall any Blackberry operating systems on your PC (Windows control panel)
- Re-boot the PC.
- Installed the phone OS I knew my phone had.
- Delete vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
- Re-boot the PC
- Connect phone via usb
- Launch Desktop Manager> Update Applications>START or
- Launch via console "loader.exe /nojvm", then COM1 should appear on the list

If pc can not detect phone>on Blackberry Device Manager on taskbar klik Device Connection.
then activate COM1

- The USB error should no longer appear and the software check list should.

Hope this will Help.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #80
jjjoon

Carrier: rogers
Default Help unlock bold 9000 from bell to rogers

Hello everybody;
I got a bold 9000 which was active on bell from my brother, i unlocked it but it doesn't work with my rogers provider, i suppose i need service book for rogers or i have do something else, may somebody let me know what should i do?
thanks lot
Closed Thread