daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaberry View Post
I have the same problem and it has been going on for a while. I have asked and accused, but the information coming back to me does not come from my husband - it comes from my inlaws. I understand your need to know how it is happening and how to detect it before your words come back to you. It is very frustrating and stressful to have your words come back to you even if you are just talk about how your mother in laws chicken was dry last night. LOL

I had my phone wiped and set back to factory settings, installed a password, and tried to restrict my husband's access to my phone. Here is the kicker - information was still coming back to me from my inlaws and they have no access to my phone!

I never tried changing my account password for online. I am not on BES - didn't even know the acronymn before I joined this site. I want my privacy back. This situation has negatively impacted my life. Imagine not being able to have even the simplest, yet personal conversation with out anyone knowing. It is horrible.

I have thought about purchasing e-stealth just to see how it works, but even then I don't know if it would teach me how to keep this from happening again. I hope you figure something out and if you do, please tell me
Did you try changing your phone number? You have verizon and therefore a CDMA phone. Spy software does not work well on CDMA phones.

Did you consider that perhaps they are getting the information from someplace other than your phone? That's more likely. Perhaps your house is bugged or your computer has monitoring software. Or perhaps the people you are talking to are feeding the information back to your inlaws.

Last edited by daphne; 05-08-2010 at 08:33 PM..
Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #62
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Yea, i think there is more to this than is being told.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #63
gilroy

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_To_Know View Post
What are my options for detecting ANY type of tracking software or device on my Curve? I have done tons of research on this board and can't find a definitive answer.

To answer a few specifics first:
-Why do I think this? My spouse will always ask me "have you talked to so-and-so lately" on the same day or day after I spoke to the person. This even happened with a friend that I haven't spoken to in years....the day after I spoke to the person I was asked if I had heard from them lately. There are other small clues that lead me to believe this.

-Please do not lecture me on relationship problems, I am aware of the problems and I am only looking for specific ways to check my device.

-We have separate phone accounts and he does not know my password to my account.

-I do not have a password on my device, never thought I needed one, so yes he could have installed anything.

-I do not want to simply go and have the device wiped and re-installed. This is a breaking point and I need to know if I am being tracked, I do not have anything to hide, this is just creepy.

-I have checked the log files (ALT LGLG) but I don't know what any of the messages mean and I am guessing that a tracking software wouldn't enter the log as "iSpy" and would probably blend in with the other messages.

-I have downloaded the Kisses program but I don't trust its accuracy since it was written by the same guy that writes a tracking program. I doubt he would write something and release it for free that would detect his own program that he charges money for.

-My bill has data entries for blackberry.net (huge file sizes) and wap.cingular. I rarely use the internet.

Any suggestions for figuring this out?
There is simple solution just go to settings>options>advanced options>applications.
Then check all the applications on Google If they are the proprietary of Blackberry Curve then its OK there is no spy software or tracking application in your Curve
But if you find any application which is not proprietary of blackberry then it is the tracking application.
Hope it helps...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #64
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilroy View Post
There is simple solution just go to settings>options>advanced options>applications.
Then check all the applications on Google If they are the proprietary of Blackberry Curve then its OK there is no spy software or tracking application in your Curve
But if you find any application which is not proprietary of blackberry then it is the tracking application.
Hope it helps...
So if I have Pandora, Google Maps, TeleNav, or iHeartRadio, then they're tracking applications?
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #65
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Moved to Security section.
Closed Thread