Old 01-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Birthkeeper

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question HELP! 7290 Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hi!

I received a gently used BB 7290 Rim from a friend. She said it worked fine, but I'm having problems with it.

1. The ringer volume is too darn low. I've missed calls because I could not hear it in my purse, right in front of me. I've gone to the profile selection, and put it on loud, and it ends up vibrating instead.

2. The speaker volume ( earpiece ) will be fine for a few minutes on a call, and then all of a sudden get very quiet, with no change in signal. ( Bars still all the way up )

3. When I go into the options menu to choose a ringer, the ringer previews are almost inaudible. I have to put my ear up to the phone to hear them. I can't change that volume, or don't know how.

Are these common problems with this model? Or is this phone just not in as good of a condition as she said? Or am I just dumb and don't know how to use the darn thing?

Someone help please! I need a working cell phone 24/7, and right now mine is not working properly.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthkeeper View Post
Hi!

I received a gently used BB 7290 Rim from a friend. She said it worked fine, but I'm having problems with it.

1. The ringer volume is too darn low. I've missed calls because I could not hear it in my purse, right in front of me. I've gone to the profile selection, and put it on loud, and it ends up vibrating instead.

2. The speaker volume ( earpiece ) will be fine for a few minutes on a call, and then all of a sudden get very quiet, with no change in signal. ( Bars still all the way up )

3. When I go into the options menu to choose a ringer, the ringer previews are almost inaudible. I have to put my ear up to the phone to hear them. I can't change that volume, or don't know how.

Are these common problems with this model? Or is this phone just not in as good of a condition as she said? Or am I just dumb and don't know how to use the darn thing?

Someone help please! I need a working cell phone 24/7, and right now mine is not working properly.

As far as the Vibrating on Loud please see my post below. It is likely that someone edited the Loud Profile so that it just vibrates. If you are not having a hardware issue with the speak you should be able to have an audible alert that you can hear. I am not sure about the volume dropping during the call are you sure you are not hitting a button while holding the phone?

How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Closed Thread