Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
dimi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default App World Stuck on Install QUicklaunch

Please Login to Remove!

I am having a frustrating problem with App world. When I go into MyWorld I see all of the applications I downloaded. 5 say they are installed (and they are usable). Five say they are ready to install. Quick launch says it is installing (and it has a progress bar). It has been that way for hours. Nothing will reset it. I have tried: Pulling the battery, rebooting many times, uninstall and reinstall app world. None of this changes the Quick Launch status. The menu gives no choices to stop, or uninstall. I can't install the others that are ready to install (I assume because it thinks it is installing quicklaunch. I've tried Logging in using the Paypal that I paid with but to no avail. I think QUicklaunch is actually installed because it is in teh app list and when I run it says to enter the auth code. I didn't get one yet and the Paypal charge never went through. I think maybe when I bought it somehow something went wrong. Another app I purchase went fine and I got the Paypal receipt. Can anyone help. I can't get my other apps because of that stupid quicklaunch.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

Did you try uninstalling QuickLaunch by going to Options > Advanced Options > Applications? If that works, then reboot the BlackBerry afterwards and then try again.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
dimi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

I did that and rebooted but it still shows it is installing in myworld
Old 08-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
BarracudaBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T

I have a similar problem. Mine is stuck "Starting Download" for Poynt. I uninstalled the old version of Poynt and reinstalled the new one manually. I've uninstalled App World and reinstalled. I've rebooted and taken the battery out. Still when I go into My World it says "Starting Download". It does let me download and install other applications so I'm not totally stuck.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi View Post
I am having a frustrating problem with App world. When I go into MyWorld I see all of the applications I downloaded. 5 say they are installed (and they are usable). Five say they are ready to install. Quick launch says it is installing (and it has a progress bar). It has been that way for hours. Nothing will reset it. I have tried: Pulling the battery, rebooting many times, uninstall and reinstall app world. None of this changes the Quick Launch status. The menu gives no choices to stop, or uninstall. I can't install the others that are ready to install (I assume because it thinks it is installing quicklaunch. I've tried Logging in using the Paypal that I paid with but to no avail. I think QUicklaunch is actually installed because it is in teh app list and when I run it says to enter the auth code. I didn't get one yet and the Paypal charge never went through. I think maybe when I bought it somehow something went wrong. Another app I purchase went fine and I got the Paypal receipt. Can anyone help. I can't get my other apps because of that stupid quicklaunch.
It's installed if it's asking for the authorization code. I bought mine through Crackberry.com and downloaded the .alx file. Then I installed using DM. Crackberry.com asked me for my units PIN # and then emailed me (along with a receipt) the authorization code. Being that you downloaded OTA with App. World, they should have supplied you with a code to your email address (or at least I would assume) since the authorization code must coincide with the PIN number of your unit. Did App. World ever request a PIN # from you? The PIN # you supply to them generates the authorization code (like in large PC software such as Adobe products for example).
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
jhines1978
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same issue on my 8820... Poynet is stuck in "Starting Download"... it just sits there. Uninstall App World, reinstall.. battery pull, yada, yada... nada!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
TonyEye

Model: NoMas
Carrier: NOT AT&T

Mine's stuck on Facebook download "Starting Download..."

Sent an email to support... got an auto response "will get back to you" BS.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Hold down the ALT button and press R-S-T
Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
laurentio

Model: 9700b
PIN: Feel free to ask.
Carrier: O2-UK

same problem here. application stuck (installing) in app world. restarted, removed the batt pack, tried memory cleanup, etc. no joy.
linkedin.com/in/laurentio
Old 09-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Spankypoo

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMo

Same problem here. Ugh.

I'm done buying apps through App World -- if I can't just download 'em OTA direct from the vendor, it's not worth the hassle of having to deal with the App World.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #11
jhines1978
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

AH HA... when the last update for App. World came out if fixed the download hangup... I noticed after I installed the update, Poynt was installed after a reboot.

Did it work you you guys?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
junit05

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
Hold down the ALT button and press R-S-T
this worked for me, thank you
Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
oubravs2b

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by junit05 View Post
this worked for me, thank you
+1 thanks!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
dkh7m

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

thanks as well. Alt + R S T worked like a charm. my bb app world has been stuck trying to install vlingo for two days.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkh7m View Post
thanks as well. Alt + R S T worked like a charm. my bb app world has been stuck trying to install vlingo for two days.
What does that command do? Do you preformed it within app world itself?

I have had this same problem. Apps are "ready" to install will try to stealth install if they are interrupted massive issues.

Only way I found to get around it was to delete the app store and try all over again.

Which versions fixes it?
Closed Thread