Old 11-22-2005, 12:05 AM   #21
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy
Why would you want to go to the store when there is a link in this thread to it?

I heard that 12/1/05 the tethering option will be released to the rest of us and it will be an additional $15.
Interesting, I will have to keep my eyes open for that. The desktop software upgrade is a monster (112Mb) to download, by the way.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:11 AM   #22
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
I am on the phone with VZW as I type and he has confirmed the EVDO firmware upgrade. You are not able to tether with this feature but it does enhance the browsing capabilities of the handheld along with the other features identified in the link above. There is no cost to add the BroadbandAccess Connect to your plan and it is NOT only for B2B customers. I'm getting set up now and will update in a moment with the outcome.

I'm excited like a kid on christmas...
I agree 100% just installed my software activated the EVDO(sweet) and had a bit of an uphill with the vrizon rep because they had not been told the software was released however after a bit of work they managed to add the broadband option to my account(No charge I have unlimited) and everything is running well. No hitches whatsoever however it does erase some settings on ramble, bbweather, and a few others but minor. Check out the calculator, it does metric onvertions, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 AM   #23
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Yeah, I think we have to cut the techs a little slack, although it doesn't seem right that I know more than they do because of this forum. The tech I spoke with didn't even know anything about this, he thought I was wanting to add the $79.99 BroadbandAccess Connect.

I'm working through the process, the BB's firmware is being upgraded. I can't wait, man...
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 AM   #24
aviationwiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I updated my firmware, now I just have to call Verizon tomorrow and get the line item added. Then I assume it's just a *228 away from EV-DO from there.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 AM   #25
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsun
Our investment in the 7250 paid out, Verizon came out with firmware 4.0.2.41 and we just add the feature code added in and now I see 1XEV when I connect. When I get home have to test is a IP modem. They gave us VZAccess Software to configure it.
Where exactly to you see the 1XEV? I don't show that on my home screen, although the 1X seems to be italicized now and in a different font.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:11 AM   #26
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Its right on the Home screen exactly where the 1X was before and now it says 1XEV, except you are right it is italicized.. And yes we knew more about this whole thing than the Techs did as I said I had to be scaled up the line twice to get to someone who knew how to activate the broadband part on their side. If it is not showing make sure that you activated the connection by doing *22899.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-22-2005, 01:19 AM   #27
aviationwiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Don't do a *228 without that EV provision/line item on your account. I did, and it downloaded the updated EV-DO PRL, but since I don't have the proper line item, it just displays "Data connection refused."
Old 11-22-2005, 01:30 AM   #28
dlan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Don't do a *228 without that EV provision/line item on your account. I did, and it downloaded the updated EV-DO PRL, but since I don't have the proper line item, it just displays "Data connection refused."
I did the same and now customer support said they can't help me because they don't have sufficient access to help tonight... they say i have to call back after 7:00 AM
Old 11-22-2005, 01:56 AM   #29
Rushisawesome88

Model: 7250
Default sprint 7250

Sprint seems to have just updated the firmware as well. Any word on EV-DO with sprint?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:59 AM   #30
tommyboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
That is interesting. It sounds like the same provisioning issue I read about with the windows mobile devices that are broadband capable. The device wants to connect to the broadband network but cannot because it does not have the right code on the account. It will not connect to national since it sees broadband.

It could be someting else. Have you tried a soft reset yet? Pulling the battery out will soft reset it.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #31
cgroftmc

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I have been on the phone with customer service for45 mins now. They cant get it to work. Is there anything that I need to tell them?

Craig
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #32
dlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroftmc
I have been on the phone with customer service for45 mins now. They cant get it to work. Is there anything that I need to tell them?

Craig
Same here
Old 11-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #33
dlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroftmc

Craig
Let me know if they get yours to work and what they had to do.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:17 AM   #34
AL904
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I just checked the Earthlink Blackberry support page at Earthlink Blackberry Software upgrade , and there is no sign of an update for us.

We run on Verizon's network, so I have to think it will be available soon. Has anyone seen any Earthlink news?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #35
BGCapt10

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I just got off a three way with data technical support and customer service. It took some time with data technical support (I actually had to give them the firmware website on smithmicro because they thought I meant the Blackberry 7130); however, customer support knew exactly what I was talking about. They added the Blackberry Broadband Connect (no charge) to my account which required me to have the unlimited plan blackberry data plan. I didn't pay close attention, but I think the code started with 17***. Not sure how big their call center is or how it even works, but the CS's rep name was Tiffany.

-David
Old 11-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #36
thegallier

Model: 7250
Carrier: verizon

Called customer support, they added it to the account, should be working somewhere today. Let's see.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #37
stooley

Model: 8703e

Just got off the phone with them and they told me it is not available to consumers until Dec. 1st.....hmmmm
Old 11-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #38
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Its right on the Home screen exactly where the 1X was before and now it says 1XEV, except you are right it is italicized.. And yes we knew more about this whole thing than the Techs did as I said I had to be scaled up the line twice to get to someone who knew how to activate the broadband part on their side. If it is not showing make sure that you activated the connection by doing *22899.
Interesting, I simply do not get the 1XEV on my home screen. It still says 1X but in a different font and italicized. I have done both the *228 and *22899 (which I had never heard of before) and removed the battery and still no change. I am experiencing much faster browser speeds so I feel like I'm access the EVDO network, not sure why my home screen isn't updating accordingly.

Anyone have any insight?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:22 AM   #39
BGCapt10

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
Interesting, I simply do not get the 1XEV on my home screen. It still says 1X but in a different font and italicized. I have done both the *228 and *22899 (which I had never heard of before) and removed the battery and still no change. I am experiencing much faster browser speeds so I feel like I'm access the EVDO network, not sure why my home screen isn't updating accordingly.

Anyone have any insight?
One other thing the Data Support Team told me to do once I was activated was to go under the HRT under options. Click on the first entry and do a "Register Now".

-David
Old 11-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #40
BB_WayCool

Here we go. Upgraded my 7250 very carefully and all went well. Actually got some emails in when the upgrade completed. 1X was still there, so I did a *228/1 to update the program and now I get data connection refused. I suspect that my broadband access was not added properly. Customer service told me that it was not an add on feature, but a replace for the old unlimited plan at the same price....whatever. When my BB finally reboots, I will be on the phone with support, who chances are will either not know what is going on or can't help because something hasn't been enabled. I have dealt with Verizon Wireless before and always on the bleeding edge. There is a lot of pain, but once things get set right, it runs. Will update when complete.
Closed Thread