Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Gmail.com/app not working!

Please Login to Remove!

I searched here and on the mobile gmail website. I went to this address on my phone, downloaded it, it said it installed it fine, then when I went to launch it....NADA! Just a white screen....nothing happens. Anyone know what my problem might be?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
chris_in_ca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

heya... I was running into an issue earlier today with gmail but it appears resolved... I think it was just a =random thing..
Old 12-05-2006, 02:04 AM   #3
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK i will try again...this wasn't too long ago though...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Nope still not working. Also the icon is super teeny tiny...is it like that on yours? Anyway again it says it downloaded successfully but when I go to launch it...nada! Oh and I failed to mention the first time that it freezes once it finally opens up to the white screen. I have to turn the phone off and back on to get it back to normal.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Megkins,

Mine worked just fine, but I have to tell you, I ended up deleting it after a few days. GMail messages get pushed to the "Messages" folder on the 8100 much faster than they show up in the GMail mobile app. In my own tests I saw as much as a 40 minute difference between the time a message sent from my work email arrived in the "Messages" folder, and when it showed up in the GMail mobile app.

Also, there's no way to get an alert when you have a new message, if you're using the mobile app. The app icon doesn't change, there's no way to set the LED to blink, nothing. You have to check it manually to see if you have any messages.

In fact, the only thing you can do in the GMail mobile app that you can't do in "Messages" is that, if you click on a message to read it in the mobile app, it also shows up as read in your regular GMail inbox.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
Megkins,

Mine worked just fine, but I have to tell you, I ended up deleting it after a few days. GMail messages get pushed to the "Messages" folder on the 8100 much faster than they show up in the GMail mobile app. In my own tests I saw as much as a 40 minute difference between the time a message sent from my work email arrived in the "Messages" folder, and when it showed up in the GMail mobile app.

Also, there's no way to get an alert when you have a new message, if you're using the mobile app. The app icon doesn't change, there's no way to set the LED to blink, nothing. You have to check it manually to see if you have any messages.

In fact, the only thing you can do in the GMail mobile app that you can't do in "Messages" is that, if you click on a message to read it in the mobile app, it also shows up as read in your regular GMail inbox.
Thanks for the info. Sucks that the icon doesn't change to let you know you have a new message, but I do like that it would show as read in my inbox online. It doesn't matter anyway since it's not WORKING!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok I found the problem. Don't try and download the app using Opera Mini...won't work. Use the regular browser.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
ski837547
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
Megkins,

GMail messages get pushed to the "Messages" folder on the 8100 much faster than they show up in the GMail mobile app. In my own tests I saw as much as a 40 minute difference between the time a message sent from my work email arrived in the "Messages" folder, and when it showed up in the GMail mobile app.
The GMail mobile application only auto refreshes periodically. But...if you manually refresh it (menu/refresh), you will always see any current messages.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK great, thanks for the info!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

if it weren't for my horse.....