BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
neils

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Don't order from Seidio if you want quick shipping

Please Login to Remove!

I've ordered several products from Seidio over the years, starting off with items for my Treo and all of my Blackberry phones I've had up to my new 8800.

I'm not a huge fan of 'pouch' holsters and as such I don't like the pouch Rim includes in the box with my 8800. I placed my order with Seidio on Tuesday the 24th and I selected FedEx 2 day delivery. I was astonished when I saw the shipping was going to be $17, more than half of what I paid for the product but I wanted the holster before the weekend. Skip forward to today, I get an email telling my my order shipped - only thing it shipped today which means I won't even get the thing until Monday morning. It's one thing for a company to take a day or two after I place the order, but to take 3 days to ship the order is inexcusable - especially when I asked for FedEx 2 day shipping. The $17 for FedEx 2 day is a full $5 over what the fedex website says it costs to ship from Texas to Indiana. If you're going to gouge customers $5 on shipping (I guess that's the handling part) at least ship my order out in a timely manner.

I called Seidio to find out what gives and I was basically told tough cookies. I asked if it was possible to upgrade the shipping to next day but was told my order was processed and it was too late. I told them I didn't think I should have to pay for FedEx 2 day shipping since I essentially got FedEx 4 to 5 day shipping but was told that it simply takes them that long to process orders. I could of driven to Houston and got back home before they even put it in a box and shipped it out.

I love seidio's products, $30 is a little high for what essentially amounts to 20 cents worth of plastic but I realize that they have development costs and $30 seems to be about the going rate for these types of products so no big deal. One thing I've noticed since my first order was just how long it took to get what I had ordered, I guess I won't have that issue anymore since I will avoid shopping with them (at least seidioonline.com) if I can avoid it in the future.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

That could apply to any online stores. You have to read the fine print.

Some say they will ship it out in 24 hours and some will tell you it will take longer.

That's what I always check. I always check to see how long it will take them to ship it out.

I suggest contacting Seido. I know he have a membership here. He might refund shipping cost to you. PM him and see what he says.

Last edited by secrecyguy; 04-26-2007 at 03:24 PM..
Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

From their website...

Quote:
Seidioonline offers a variety of shipping methods with both the United States Postal Service (USPS) and with Federal Express (FedEx). Please be advised that our USPS Shipping methods do not include tracking or insurance. The following estimated transit time do not include the processing time of 1 to 2 business days. Seidioonline does not process orders on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

*Moved to Rants & Raves*
Closed Thread