BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
scottsalisbury

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Wireless Synch of Contacts / Calendar works fine

Please Login to Remove!

I am on BES and have Outlook. My wireless synch of calendar works fine. I am having a great deal of trouble with my contacts. First I have set up sub-folders in my Outlook and some are being transferred and some are not. Then the synch duplicates a number of contacts in my main folder on my PC. If I enter a contact on the handheld it does not upload to the PC and changes on the PC do not change on handheld. There is no option for wireless connection as there was / is for calendar. Please help.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Wireless sync of contacts, notes and tasks is only available on BES 4.0; if you are running v3.6, you can only wireless sync the calendar.

Can't help with the subfolders; not sure they are supported.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
jontalotta
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

NJBB is correct (of course). Check BES and BB OS version. But, if BB does not show Wireless Reconcilation option in address book, tasks, and memos, but only messages and calendar, probably out of luck. Don't go by what desktop manager says in the PIM manager, even with wireless sync set for everything, PIM manager may only list wireless sync for calendar. Also, if you have wireless sync, make sure that you do not sync through the desktop manager once you set up wireless sync, it will screw things up. As for subfolders, not sure what your issue is, that has worked for me since first BB in Jan. 2004. JT
Old 11-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
scottsalisbury

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default My software is 3.6 and my partner next door has 4.0

I will post again when resolved.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
taravangenderen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel

This thread was helpful to me at first b/c I was having the same problem with my 7100i...so I just assumed that I was on the 3.6 version. I later found out though that I am on a BES 4.0 not the 3.6, so I am still wondering why my address book, tasks and memo pad are not synching. Still on hold with the "blackberry expert" at nextel. He has told me that I should uninstall the desktop manager and reinstall (which I saw that jontalotta said I shouldn't use to synch up with) and if that didn't work to contact my server.
So much for the BB expert. Thank you for any additional help in advance!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
taravangenderen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel

OK...answered my own question by tweaking a few things...decided to reset my password on the BES and redo the enterprise activation. And now everything is working perfectly. Tasks, Memo Pad and Address Book are all synching up wirelessly. Hope this helps others!
Closed Thread