Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
rampatrick

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Alltel and MMS

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 8130 pearl and in the store they said I would have MMS but I am unable to find it when composing a message and I have tried searching and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampatrick View Post
I have a 8130 pearl and in the store they said I would have MMS but I am unable to find it when composing a message and I have tried searching and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Check to see if you have MMS Config in Service Book:
OPTION -> ADVANCED OPTIONS - SERVICE BOOK
Old 03-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Phranc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530

Wirelessly posted (8130 Pearl)

AllTel still doesn't do MMS.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Phranc

As a follow up, I called Alltel tech support, 1 800 Alltel1, and did confirm that MMS is not supported and will not be, until either a patch to the current Alltel software, or 4.5 OS comes out. As per normal the release date is Real Soon Now.

Rampatrick, you do realize you were dealing with a salesman, right? Remember how to tell if a salesman is lying?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranc View Post
As a follow up, I called Alltel tech support, 1 800 Alltel1, and did confirm that MMS is not supported and will not be, until either a patch to the current Alltel software, or 4.5 OS comes out. As per normal the release date is Real Soon Now.

Rampatrick, you do realize you were dealing with a salesman, right? Remember how to tell if a salesman is lying?
What about salesmen are you talking about?!?!?!?

. . . I guess any saleman with a crappy product would try hard to sell his ware to get his commission . . .even to the extent of mis-stating certain things . . oh well . . . I guess we all have to learn our lessons at one time or another . ..
Old 03-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
rampatrick

Wirelessly posted

I didn't mean the salesman I was talking about the sign where the phone was displayed
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint

I don't trust salesman and the customer service rep at times. They will do anything to sell you a product or say anything to get you off the phone happy until you call back again but you get a different rep. You should do all your research online or through other sources prior to buying anything, at least anything electronically. I find that you always find a better deal anyway if your patient doing your homework.

I learned a hell of alot more on BB forums than I did through the customer service reps.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:51 AM   #8
VirexInc
No longer Registered.

Model: 8130

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (8130 Pearl)

AllTel still doesn't do MMS.
lol so now its sprint and alltel. whats up with that?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
Phranc

Alltel hasn't done MMS on the Blackberry to begin with. I believe I read in a thread here, it may have been lost in the crash, that MMS is outsourced to a third party. While Alltel claims it needs a software patch to the phone to support it, I'm sort of skeptical since other carriers support MMS with the same OS software.

I can't speak for Sprint.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #10
VirexInc
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Alltel hasn't done MMS on the Blackberry to begin with. I believe I read in a thread here, it may have been lost in the crash, that MMS is outsourced to a third party. While Alltel claims it needs a software patch to the phone to support it, I'm sort of skeptical since other carriers support MMS with the same OS software.

I can't speak for Sprint.
ummm yea supports my conspiracy theory
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #11
sid_kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
I learned a hell of alot more on BB forums than I did through the customer service reps.
true that! i'm completely happy with my bb, but i too was disappointed by the loss of mms when i switched. when i couldn't find a function for mms, i tried calling the salesman back and he claimed that he could do it on his pearl, but i know he's full of crap. however, i wish i would have known about bb forums before making my purchase because i would have known a lil more about what to expect.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
Yota4x405

Carrier: alltel

CAN YOU send pictures to ppl using email addresses like [email address]?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #13
sid_kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota4x405 View Post
CAN YOU send pictures to ppl using email addresses like [email address]?
i've tried this with my friends via a number of carriers but it depends on file size, type, etc...anyway, here is the web address to get access to all carriers mms e-mail...

SMTP Email Settings
Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
gccasper04

Carrier: Alltel

ahh so pretty much.. cant receive/send pictures on the blackberry..

EFIIN A!! that sucks, lol
Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #15
sid_kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccasper04 View Post
ahh so pretty much.. cant receive/send pictures on the blackberry..

EFIIN A!! that sucks, lol
most carriers offer a way to send pics to email...so receiving them isn't the issue...however sending them can be a little complicated to figure out...
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
gccasper04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_kid View Post
most carriers offer a way to send pics to email...so receiving them isn't the issue...however sending them can be a little complicated to figure out...
well ive got ppl sending me pictures but when I open the message it says"unknown attachment(22k)"

nothing to click to open it/view it or anything how do I go about that
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #17
Yota4x405

Carrier: alltel

well I read that it should be fixed with os release 4.5 btw I am not a pearl owner but I am researching whether or not I want one thanks for all the help this time and probably many times in the future
Old 04-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #18
methamp
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Spoke with advanced tech (Alltel), he said the Curve is coming in a couple months and MMS for Pearl could be "any time" in the next two months to two years. :-/
Old 05-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #19
blaineni

Model: 8830
Default Ignorance

Just a heads up. I happen to be an Alltel salesman, I post on pinstack all the time, and refer all my customers to the forums for information on their phones, and am honest in all my dealings. Making broad statements that all salesmen are liars and cheats is offensive and wrong. 30% of people in america are in some type of sales, you're saying that they're all lying bastards? Amazing.

Just because a rep is uneducated does not make him a liar. Its not common knowledge for reps starting out to know every detail of every phone and there are 20-30 phones to learn the spec's of and I'm sure he was just new. Give people the benifit of the doubt folks. Dude was making 9 bucks an hour plus a sad sad commision. Give him a break, and stop hating.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
Frisco
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaineni View Post
Just a heads up. I happen to be an Alltel salesman, I post on pinstack all the time, and refer all my customers to the forums for information on their phones, and am honest in all my dealings. Making broad statements that all salesmen are liars and cheats is offensive and wrong. 30% of people in america are in some type of sales, you're saying that they're all lying bastards? Amazing.

Just because a rep is uneducated does not make him a liar. Its not common knowledge for reps starting out to know every detail of every phone and there are 20-30 phones to learn the spec's of and I'm sure he was just new. Give people the benifit of the doubt folks. Dude was making 9 bucks an hour plus a sad sad commision. Give him a break, and stop hating.
Thank you for posting that. You beat me to it.

I am not in sales, but I'm an Alltel customer and have been since they arrived here in '97. I was with the company they bought, and the one that company bought a few years before that.

If I was lied to about anything I sure never knew it. I was never ill-informed that I know of either. The only negative I have ever experienced is still happening: I purchased my Blackberry in late March, was promised a $100 rebate and have as yet not received the check.

The sales people at Alltel have been great, I love dealing with them because they've always given me a good listen to determine my needs and then they lead me to a few options as to equipment and/or service types.

The crappy comments about sales people say more about the crappy sort of customers they often have to face, in my opinion.