Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T
Default Pocketday - A sad day

Please Login to Remove!

Just saw the following from the developer of Pocketday:
NOTICE: All Blackberry PocketDay products have been DISCONTINUED.

Pocketday - BlackBerry Today Screen | Professional, Personal, Sports, Lists, Start versions from PocketDay

Another top developer leaving the platform. I was one of their original beta testers and still use it daily.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Default Re: Pocketday - A sad day

I used PocketDay for several years. Great app. Too bad.

But maybe they should check out the new BB10 dev prototype device and support - it might change their mind.

Last edited by daphne; 05-08-2012 at 01:56 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
bostonnerd

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I used PocketDay for several years. Great app. Too bad.

But maybe they should check out the new BB10 dev prototype device and support - it might change their mind.
The developer said he will no longer be doing any development on the BB platform.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
jmwking

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

One of my favorites. <sigh>

-jk
Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I liked it as well. Sorry to see it dropped.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
lethalphoenix
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

that sucks do much
Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
jimfraser

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

I was having difficulties with my 9900 starting to act up, so I wiped and reinstalled the OS. I don't believe PocketDay was ever on Blackberry AppWorld, so after I reinstalled the "uninstalled" apps on AppWorld, I went to the PocketDay site and found out the news today, apparently old news since May.
It too was one of my favourite apps and one of the first ones I paid for. Support was usually almost instant, which I cannot say for most apps.
I used to use it much more than I did the last year or so after the stock quotes no longer worked. According to support, PocketDay was being charged too much for the stock quotes. I was put on to Bloomberg by support which is a great program for following stocks, etc, but I liked the bare bones stock price information, weather and other information which was rolled into one program.
It was a terrific program that I am indeed sad to see go. Fortunately, I backed up the program with BBSAK and got it back on my 9900. I retrieved my key from an e-mail I saved when I upgraded to the 9900 in February and am back in business with PocketDay once again. One thing of note is when I reinstalled the cods for PocketDay, my Blackberry spontaneously rebooted, which may indicate some sort of incompatibility with the latest version of PocketDay and OS 7.1.
Sounds like the developer is discouraged with the Blackberry platform entirely. Not a good sign, particularly with respect to such a long standing and excellent product.
Frankly, I often wondered about the business viability for PocketDay. I paid for it back in 2005, and it was constantly updated for various Blackberry devices and OSs I had over the years and as noted above had excellent support. It was a very sophisticated product which kept evolving with twitter and facebook support in the later years. With similar products charging annual fees and with no advertising, I wondered how the developer ever could put food on the table. Apparently he or she could not. RIP
Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
newportironman

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I just had to have my 9930 replaced under warranty. First PIN change in a while. I love Pocketday. As observed in this and other threads it may be impossible for me to get a new registration #.
Before I try, does anyone know if installing an old .cod froma backup will work around the need for a pin change or will it still come up under 30 day trial. I downloaded the program this time from their web site which still works for the new install. I had total loss of data. I also tried to pay the $9.95 on app world and it reinstalled the program but didn't charge me and it's still in demo mode. Am I doomed after 30 days?
Closed Thread