Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Tim C.

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Synchronizing Question

Please Login to Remove!

I've used a Treo Palm for two years and I really liked the way that I could use ActiveSync to keep all the calendar and contact information synchronized between my home and work PC. I now have a Storm and am using RIM Desktop Manager V4.7 and the synchronization just seems confused. I'm also using Outlook 2003 on my home and work PC and want to synchronize all contacts and calendar items each day.

It looks at my Storm and then my PC (work or home) and it always finds items to update even if I synchronized two times in a row without making any changes to contacts or the calendar. When I connect it to my other PC it adds and deletes many items. Sometimes I end up with multiple entries of the same item. I have the software set to do a "two way sync" since I want it to look at the PC and the device and then put the latest version of each item on both machines. That's what my Treo would do but the BB just seems to get confused and doesn't seem to check for which machine has the lastest version of the item.

I've even deleted all of the contacts and calendar items on my work PC and then let the BB do a one way sync to put items from the BB to the PC so that I'm certain that my work PC matches my home PC. Then when I get home and synchronize it still does a lot of add and delete processing and then I have the same problem as I try to keep the two PCs synchronized.

I looked at the "Conflict Resolution" settings and I wanted to see an option for "Keep Most Current Item on Device and in Outlook". Right now it's set to the default setting of "Notify me when conflict occurs". I definitely get notified.

Is there something I need to do that will allow the BB to easily keep the two PCs synchronized?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 01-06-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
ljliu7

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default can't sync with outlook contacts

I need help! I have used my bold to sync with my outlook contacts. It worked earlier. However now I can change the outlook contacts entry but it will not be pick up in my bold. Or I can add a new contact in my bold but it will not show up in my outlook contacts?? Each time I did the sync, it completed correctly with no error! what I can see is that the desktop manager is syncing with a fill in my PC which is not my outlook default folder?? Can anyone tell me where is the contacts file that the desktop manager is looking at when synchronize?? Please provide the detail path so I can look for it! from the desktop manager, it is doing the sync but since the file it is looking at was not changed so the sync always return wih no update!?!?! Help!!!
Closed Thread