BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
jsanchez
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default User Opinions on Todomatrix and / or Ideamatrix by Rexwireless?

Please Login to Remove!

Any user opinions on todomatrix and / or ideamatrix software by rexwireless?

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Outstanding product, service and company!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I have used the todoMatrix program and find it very useful. It helped me organize my tasks throughout the day.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
jsanchez

How does it compare to nextaction? About the same price.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I've been using both todomatrix and ideaMatrix since moving to the blackberry platform - they are both excellent products and highly recommended. Support is outstanding, often getting back to me within minutes of e-mailing an inquiry.

There is a trial period (7 days??) - so I'd suggest you download and try it out for yourself. Just be prepared to purchase it at the end of the trial - because you're likely to be that impressed.

Don
Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Do a search and I'm sure you'll find a few threads where both products have been discussed. Also check the Review section. I recall there being at least one discussion comparing TodoMartix to NextAction.

Both rexwireless products are excellent as is the support where frequently your late night or weekend question is answered within hours. They're working on a new release, soon I hope, that will sync with the BB tasks and has GTD features added. I wouldn't buy it on promises of new features, the existing product works very well. I recall seing a white paper on their site about using it with GTD and some discussion here about using the delegate field for @office and such.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

I love todoMatrix and ideaMatrix very much! I pretty much live and die by it. There was some talk of impactMatrix (similiar to ideaMatrix) but will let you enter in your short/long range goals, so that will be something else to look forward.

My only complaint, I haven't heard from them in some time. Hope that they stop by and give us an update on the next SI release coming up and any other bugs/enhancements to expect.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
janeenadamsmartin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

I have been playing with the trial package, but two things make me hesitate: I cannot find a way to have a recurring task, and it has it's own task database, so Themes that display a task view won't work.

I came from a Palm/Datebook environment, so it might be that I am not used to it, but it has not been intuitive for me.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenadamsmartin View Post
I have been playing with the trial package, but two things make me hesitate: I cannot find a way to have a recurring task, and it has it's own task database, so Themes that display a task view won't work.

I came from a Palm/Datebook environment, so it might be that I am not used to it, but it has not been intuitive for me.

I handle reoccuring tasks with a reoccuring alarm for a task in todo Matrix.

To be honest, I came from a WM5 device, and thought I had to have integration with the built in tasks, as I sync with outlook. I've since stopped using outlook tasks, and rely on todoMatrix on the blackberry (with the notification alarm system they have) and rexdesktop.com on my desktop. I haven't missed a beat, and I use tasks extensively. True, I don't see them in my calendar like you can with a built in task, but it hasn't been a problem.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

They're working on Outlook integration but I don't know the expected release date. Having the tasks in OL and the Themes is nice but once you start using todoMartix, the features, for me, outweight the loss of the OL integration. When it happens, great. I'd rather see them add a calendar view and the ability to have a pdf report emailed to me showing the tasks due for the next two days.

Their support is very good, ask about the recurring tasks.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #11
caa18241

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I enjoy using IdeaMatrix for writing down notes. I only problem I have with it is the time it takes to open the application. I am use to apps just opening up, but this one takes a good 10 seconds. That is too long.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

caa18241 I have the same problem, when I click on the ideaMatrix icon it takes about five seconds to open the application. Send rexwireless a suggestion from the menu item in the program, they are working on a fix but the more of us that let them know it is a problem maybe the higher it moves on the list of priorities. It is due to the size of the database.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #13
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa18241 View Post
I enjoy using IdeaMatrix for writing down notes. I only problem I have with it is the time it takes to open the application. I am use to apps just opening up, but this one takes a good 10 seconds. That is too long.

We have found the cause of the IdeaMatrix "slow open" issue and it will be resolved in the next upgrade / enhancement. No date on the release yet other than pretty soon - still some testing to go.

Thanks,

the REXguys
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #14
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenadamsmartin View Post

Recurring tasks have been added to the next enhancement release of ToDoMatrix. It will be a free upgrade (our upgrades are free through the end of 2008, and perhaps into 2009, but there is no decision on 2009 yet).

Thanks,

the REXguys
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys View Post
Recurring tasks have been added to the next enhancement release of ToDoMatrix. It will be a free upgrade (our upgrades are free through the end of 2008, and perhaps into 2009, but there is no decision on 2009 yet).

Thanks,

the REXguys
These guys are great!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #16
kgn1224
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

Two Up!

ToDoMatrix should be able to sync with Outlook before the end of this calendar year (per thier customer service rep)

Personal: http://twitter.com/RhinoForce
Old 08-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #17
jsanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
These guys are great!
Well, I downloaded the trials based on this very positive forum. Had an issue so I emailed rexwireless support. Turn-around time was less than one hour. I'm used to 2 - 3 day response (if that) with software cos so that was eye opening.

Don't know if the Outlook thing is too important to me - don't really like Outlook tasks but its a change to get used to. Does anybody know the reliability of their web service? Any issues?

Thank you.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #18
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

I've been using the service since it was first available as I had purchased the Silver package before the web service was launched. Never had a problem backing up or syncing, it has always worked without an issue. Losing the Outlook functionality was more, for me, of not wanting to try something new as OL wasn't the best but I knew what I was dealing with. Once I started using todoMatrix, I never looked back. The only thing I miss is a calendar view.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #19
don.new
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

I really like both apps but I wish far fewer key strokes were needed to create a new to-do item.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #20
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Great product and company !!