Old 06-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #61
wcberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryH View Post
Was this "upgrade" posted in this thread? I missed it. Just as a minor quibble... it's a bit annoying to have to keep entering my name and email each time I download a new version. Not earth-shaking but it would be nice just to be taken to the dl link.
You dont have to enter your name or email address to download. Just go a little further down on the DL page.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #62
LarryH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Oh. There.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #63
badshot1uk

Model: 8300
Carrier: vodafone

Great app,

I just dont understand why rim cant do it like that
Well done

Paul
Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #64
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Finally got around to updating to the latest beta (.3) and already there is a great improvement in the display. Choice of background colors are great and the new font choices work very well.

I don't seem to run into the html/text switching issue as often as others seem to be at the moment. With the background color set to none the rendering is very quick so I guess I just don't see that problem. Looking forward to the next update.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #65
ani

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel
Arrow Empower Mail Viewer 0.33 is here!

OMG! I barely uploaded the new release like what, 2 mins ago, and you already have it!!! You guys here are really fast !! And you beat me to the release notes as well

Anyway, still here is the official update :

Everyone,
There is an update - Background Color Options are in now. So no more typhoid yellow, you can set the background color under the menuitem Empower Options

Also, we have included some more fonts. A Preview has been provided as well that shows you your current selection, and helps you decide upon your choices right there.

Please update your version 0.21 to version 0.33

Download links -
OTA: www.getEmpower.com/emv.php
DM: www.getEmpower.com/emvzip.php

Someone said they loved really small fonts - check out 'xx-small' with 'Fantasy' - you will probably be fine.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #66
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Just installed the .33 version. Seem to have a problem with page down using the space key on the 8800. Get one page down but then it stops. Can move back to the top and same thing again.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #67
maximax
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: None

just dl and love the new colors. good choice.

btw did u guys realize, you just stumped BlackBerry Smart - I like the fact that your preview updates AS SOON AS I scroll down my font and color settings. Saves me a lot of clicks..

berrysmart wanted me to exit out of the font drop down everytime i scrolled to a new font
Old 06-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #68
LarryH

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Ani -- I think you're off to a great start. Right now, however, the "dropping out" of Empower when scrolling is my biggest issue. I'm sure you'll post when you've resolved that problem.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #69
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis View Post
Just installed the .33 version. Seem to have a problem with page down using the space key on the 8800. Get one page down but then it stops. Can move back to the top and same thing again.
I can verify this bug. Space key will page down once and then won't page down any further. This is on my 8800.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #70
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryH View Post
Ani -- I think you're off to a great start. Right now, however, the "dropping out" of Empower when scrolling is my biggest issue. I'm sure you'll post when you've resolved that problem.
Thanks Larry, thank you very much. Yep, we are working on the issue of scrolling and intend to fix it next.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #71
ani

True, scrolling and auto-more has not been addressed in this update. This release provides the fonts and background color options, and a preview.

Next in line are scrolling and auto-more that we intend to fix in next update.

Thanks.
- Ani.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #72
HRom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default Error when Getting Link

While certain of the links take me to the right page when I "Get Link", with others when I try to "Get Link" I get an HTTP Error 404: Not Found with an explanation that the page I am loading could not be found
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #73
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: Classified
Carrier: at&t
Default Great app!!

Thanks for the great app. I love it!

Just one question: is the yellow background available in the latest version? I kinda like it, and in case I don't like the color options in the latest version, I'd like to be able to continue using yellow if I want.

Thanks!

AF1
Old 06-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #74
MistahQ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the background fix! Loving the app.
Is Empower planning to keep this free or just free during beta? And if you are planning on charging, have an estimated rate?
Looking forward to testing the spell-checker!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #75
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRom View Post
While certain of the links take me to the right page when I "Get Link", with others when I try to "Get Link" I get an HTTP Error 404: Not Found with an explanation that the page I am loading could not be found
HRom, 404 is a standard HTTP error code that is returned by the server for page requests that are not present there. For ex if you try to access a page like say, www.google.com/1.htm - the google server will say 404: Page not found, because it could not find a page 1.htm by that name. In the title bar of your browser or maybe on the page itself it will also show you the status code 404.

That is about 404. Now it may be due to 2 reasons you are getting it -
1. That the page really does not exists at the server (to confirm this you can try opening the link after you switch back to native text view)
2. If the link does not open even in the native text view, that means the url in the email is actually wrong - there really was no such page. But if you can open it using the text view, it means you have just spotted something that we can improve upon.

Pls try out the above and let us know whether you can open the link in the native view. Also, if the link is not too confidential, I will request to let us know abt it (PM or here) so that I can look into this issue further..

thanks.
- Ani.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #76
HRom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
HRom, 404 is a standard HTTP error code that is returned by the server for page requests that are not present there. For ex if you try to access a page like say, www.google.com/1.htm - the google server will say 404: Page not found, because it could not find a page 1.htm by that name. In the title bar of your browser or maybe on the page itself it will also show you the status code 404.

That is about 404. Now it may be due to 2 reasons you are getting it -
1. That the page really does not exists at the server (to confirm this you can try opening the link after you switch back to native text view)
2. If the link does not open even in the native text view, that means the url in the email is actually wrong - there really was no such page. But if you can open it using the text view, it means you have just spotted something that we can improve upon.

Pls try out the above and let us know whether you can open the link in the native view. Also, if the link is not too confidential, I will request to let us know abt it (PM or here) so that I can look into this issue further..

thanks.
- Ani.
Ani,

Sorry for notbeing clear, but the link does work in text view. I can't send you this one but will see if I can find another and send that.

Howard
Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #77
ani

thanks howard. Will investigate it at my end.. will also wait for some (any) link with 404 error from you, that will make it slightly easier for me to fix it up.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #78
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

Ani,

Can I add a few suggestions:

1. Can you create a short cut key to toggle between html and text?

2. after I hit reply, can you please add the option so that I can pick which email service that I am sending from or would like to send from? I have 3 different email service on my phone and would like to be able to switch between them and would like to see which one i am using it to send an email.

Also, I have problem viewing image. All the image on the email either changed to links or it shows up as an attachment that i need to open up.

overall, great apps! Thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #79
maximax
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: None

I'm getting it right. set the images to ON in your settings.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #80
pnd4pnd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

I want to like this program but the issue with the scroll wheel makes it unusable!

Eric
Closed Thread