Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Taikun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Tmo
Default REXWireless todoMatrix, ideaMatrix

Please Login to Remove!

I wanted to know if there a discounted price for getting both the todoMatrix and ideaMatrix applications.

Also would these applications work on Tmo 8800 and future BB versions (i.e. 8320)

do they work with any BB or Desktop software CMS (Contact Management Systems)

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
rickthornton
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikun View Post
I wanted to know if there a discounted price for getting both the todoMatrix and ideaMatrix applications.

Also would these applications work on Tmo 8800 and future BB versions (i.e. 8320)

Thanks.
When I purchased mine there was a package price buying both applications together, but you'll have to check the website to see if that offer is still available.

These will certainly work on the Tmo 8800. As I have posted before, Rex Wireless makes great software and is without question the most customer friendly and responsive software company I have ever dealt with. In short they (and their products) are the best out there IMO. I purchased Idea Matrix and ToDo Matrix originally for my 8700C and transferred them over to my 8800 when I bought it. As good as Rex Wireless is, I have no doubt that their products will be compatible with whatever new BB comes out in the foreseeable future.

They do not work with DM or CMS, nor do they need to. By design they interface with a web based application where you can view/modify/print, etc. all of your information from any web connected PC. All data is backed up automatically to the server from you BB, so your data is not dependent upon syncing with DM or a CMS.

I highly recommend the free trial available.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikun View Post

Thanks.
Can't help you with the discounted price, none that I'm aware of. I can tell you I paid list price, and have absolutely no regrets.

I run it on my Cingular 8800, I have to believe it will run on TMO's version as well.

There is a web-based application so you can access your notes and todo's via a secure web browser - but there is no integration with a desktop app yet. It does integrate well on the blackberry, in many places you have a new menu to inject the current e-mail, memo, etc into todo matrix or idea matrix. There has been talk about integrating todo Matrix into outlook, but they have not announced that ability yet.

There is a 5 or 7 day trial - give them a try and see first hand if they meet your needs.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
wxboss
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EC645F
Carrier: T-Mobile

I can tell you it works just fine on a 8100 w/T-Mobile.

ToDo Matrix is a great product.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

There is a package price for purchasing both ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix called SilverMatrix. Both applications for $99.95 versus $59.99 each. I purchased both and have no regrets either. They do plan on having their apps sync up with Outlook which would be great. This is further down the road, though. Currently doesn't work with DM or any sort of CMS.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 AM   #6
Csa819

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular (or as they like to call it now AT&T)

I have both ToDo and Idea Matrix' on my 8100, and it's the best phone software I have used. Recently had a BrokeBerry, and was able to remotely back everything up with one email which was answered in about a half an hour. Highly reccomended to EVERY Crackberry (I have a red pearl now, so I guess Cranberry) user!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #7
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

I think these are over priced.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:30 AM   #8
akg

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
Have you used them? If so, why do you think they're overpriced? I just bought todoMatrix after the 7 day trial and even though the price seemed steep at first I absolutely love it! I'm trying ideaMatrix right now and so far it seems good.

BES 4.1.6 Exchange 2003 SP2
Old 06-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Well, they certainly are more expensive initially than most BB applications. But "overpriced" is a matter of opinion to which you likely will not find many subscribers here.

Keep in mind, the cost for the REX apps is a "one time" cost (barring upgrades) as opposed to other BB apps that have an annual fee. After a couple of years, those annual fees add up.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #10
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I guess that would depend on what you intend to use them for. I track my todo's and what I've delegated. I use idea matrix to capture meeting notes, conversations with employees, and with my manager. The desktop web based version allows me to do these updates on my computer when I have access to it, and the sync insures I have the info available all the time.

It's not overpriced compared to the Franklin-Covey binder and forms I'd have to buy to replace this, and a heck of a lot handier!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #11
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

I'm a rexwireless fan too. To keep the record straight, there is the one time cost for the software that includes one year of the online service. After your year is up there is a small fee to continue the online service. As I recall it was just north of $10 for the year.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
I'm a rexwireless fan too. To keep the record straight, there is the one time cost for the software that includes one year of the online service. After your year is up there is a small fee to continue the online service. As I recall it was just north of $10 for the year.

Regards-Michael G.
Michael, yes you're correct and I meant to correct my earlier post to reflect that. Thanks for pointing that out. The annual cost for the web interface is $18; but, as far as I know, it is completely optional. The BB resident apps will work just fine without the web interface (I think).
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
rickthornton

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I suppose it depends on how much you value your time and productivity. If you have a need for the functionality of Todo Matrix and Idea Matrix, it isn't expensive at all IMO, for what it offers. I don't like to spend money any more than the next person, but as with many things, you get what you pay for. These are great programs from a very responsive and customer orriented software developer.

On the other hand, if you don't have a need to be organized, a Blackberry is overkill as a cell phone.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #14
bigberrygcm

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Digicel
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthornton View Post
I suppose it depends on how much you value your time and productivity. If you have a need for the functionality of Todo Matrix and Idea Matrix, it isn't expensive at all IMO, for what it offers. I don't like to spend money any more than the next person, but as with many things, you get what you pay for. These are great programs from a very responsive and customer orriented software developer.

On the other hand, if you don't have a need to be organized, a Blackberry is overkill as a cell phone.
Excellent point. I too have ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix and find them great value for the money.So far, customer service has been commendable, even got an e-mail. response on a Sunday (within two hours).
Old 06-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #15
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default REXdesktop Pricing: Web Client Access to Your BlackBerry Tasks and Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
Michael, yes you're correct and I meant to correct my earlier post to reflect that. Thanks for pointing that out. The annual cost for the web interface is $18; but, as far as I know, it is completely optional. The BB resident apps will work just fine without the web interface (I think).

For the record, REXdesktop is completely optional. Our applications are designed to work well without PC or Mac full-screen and keyboard access. We offer Always*Safe web backup, whether or not a person subscribes to REXdesktop. Its just too easy to crack up your BlackBerry by dropping it on the floor, or in the ocean, or in a pint of beer, or off a skyscraper (all four incidents happened to customers in just the last few months)... Always*Safe will remain complimentary for life.

When you purchase a license of a REXwireless personal productivity application, a period of REXdesktop web access time is included with the initial license.

For applications licensed before January 1, 2007, the REXdesktop services is included for all 2007.

For applications licensed before July 1, 2007 but after December 31, 2006, one year of REXdesktop service from the date of purchase is included free of charge.

For applications licensed after June 30, 2007, six months of REXdesktop service starting on the date of purchase is included free of charge.

So there is a pretty nice six months of web access advantage for people to license before the end of this month.

Our current pricing is $18 per year ($0.35 per week). This price may go up a little bit in the future but our intent is to make it a very affordable near-no-brainer. If a person saves just 30 minutes a week, it easily pays for itself many times over.

Thanks,

--the REXguys

PS. Here is a link to the detailed info and pricing on REXdesktop:
REXwireless Software: Internet Web Access Details
Closed Thread