BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
morge

Model: bold
Carrier: Telstra
Default Professional server 100% CPU usage.

Please Login to Remove!

We have Blackberry professional software for Microsoft exchange (10 cals in use) version 4.1.4(bundle 183). Server is running windows SBS 2003.

BB server software is pushing CPU usage to 100% and preventing other apps and services for running correctly.

I've stopped the MDS connection service (as we don't use this functionality) and this reduced CPU usage to normal for a while.
We again got a 100% CPU usage. It was found stopping the Attachment service reduced usage to normal I adjust the attachment setting to reduce load(only allow small attachments to be open and reduced number of threads used) restarted the service and tested was fine for a while. This morning had the CPU usage go to a 100% again. Stop the service and CPU load returned to normal. This lasted a few hours and then we started having issues again 100% continues load for extended periods I have stopped the BB server software completely(stop the server in BB manager and stopped all services).

Only CPU usage seems to be an issue, disc access and ram usage drops to near 0 once the CPU starts getting hammered and don't build up beyond normal in the lead up to the issue.

Any ideas?

I'm taking the server down tonight to run some more checks to make sure it isn't a conflict with another service that is causing the issue.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
TargetIT
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

What's the specs on the server?
Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
SkyPilot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Bell

I had a similar issue with an AMD powered machine and it also had huge memory leak issues.
I believe I solved it by disabled the AMD cool and quiet features
This was 2 1/2 years ago tho and its been running steady at less than 10% CPU usage since
Just a thought
Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
morge

Model: bold
Carrier: Telstra

Server specs.
It is a HP GL350G5
dual Xeon X5140
3gb of ram
Raid 1 SAS drives.

Been manualy starting the services in the morning minus attachments and MDS havn't noticed any issue.

I don't see climbing memory usage or HDD access increases just the max high priority CPU usage which knocks out everything else.
Closed Thread