Old 11-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #101
ojodeazul

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbbuser76 View Post
I just contacted our sales rep here and the information on the order sheet for the new plan was:

73618- (O) -EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY $29.99

I believe the "73618" is the optional package number. This may help some of you who are ordering.

thanks for the code. The rep was arguing with me that I didn't know what I was talking about
Old 11-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #102
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Amazing that after reading the posts on this site we have so much better information than the Verizon Reps do. I just noticed that my 1400 Minute Americas Choice Plan is $80.00 .. The new Nationwide 1400 Minute Calling Plan is $89.99 .. Glad I didn't have to switch plans.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #103
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
Amazing that after reading the posts on this site we have so much better information than the Verizon Reps do. I just noticed that my 1400 Minute Americas Choice Plan is $80.00 .. The new Nationwide 1400 Minute Calling Plan is $89.99 .. Glad I didn't have to switch plans.
Can you explain the difference, please? I have Americas Choice Plan at $80.00------> should I change to the Nationwide plan? pros/cons?

I'm heading to my local Verizon store first thing in the morning, so I'll let them explain it to me. I'm just hoping they won't be clueless like so many people have indicated on this thread!!! I've dealt with too many under-trained Verizon reps at Verizon stores to have to deal with another one. I can't wait to slap down the "73618" the instant I get the IG......IGNORANCE, THAT IS!!!
Hell, what am I saying? I'm the IG one right now!!

I love this forum.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 AM   #104
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

It appears that the only difference is unlimited In-Calling.

Am I still partially IG?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #105
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98
Has anyone tried to setup an Exchange OWA account on their BB with this changed plan? I'm interested to know if it works. I'd wager that it probably won't, but I'm basing that completely on how T-Mobile does it's BB plans for BES and BIS. Let us know.
That could be an issue.
I don't want to relinquish services.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #106
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdt View Post
Can you explain the difference, please? I have Americas Choice Plan at $80.00------> should I change to the Nationwide plan? pros/cons?

I'm heading to my local Verizon store first thing in the morning, so I'll let them explain it to me. I'm just hoping they won't be clueless like so many people have indicated on this thread!!! I've dealt with too many under-trained Verizon reps at Verizon stores to have to deal with another one. I can't wait to slap down the "73618" the instant I get the IG......IGNORANCE, THAT IS!!!
Hell, what am I saying? I'm the IG one right now!!

I love this forum.
There is two differences between the Americas Choice Plan and the new National plan. One is price ... For 1400 Minutes its $80 on the Americas Choice, $89 on the National Plan. And the other difference is how they bill data ... On the national plan Mobile Web is now free (for their dumb phones) instead of being a $5 addon ... And now they charge by amount of data vs just charging airtime minutes. Don't let them tell you that you have to change your plan to get the new blackberry plan, you don't! .. It's just a feature change and it's the Blackberry Web & Email Plan $29.99 ... The only difference between it and the $45 plan is you can't use your blackberry on a BES.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #107
rudyo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Can someone please verify that you can in fact use Blackberry Messenger on the new plan? BB messenger uses pin messaging. I am betting it will work, but just want to make sure before I make the switch.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #108
tomtheguitarguy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T Mobility

I'm on the America's Choice Select Family Plan and we have unlimited texting to anyone.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #109
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtheguitarguy View Post
I'm on the America's Choice Select Family Plan and we have unlimited texting to anyone.
me too
Old 11-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #110
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyo View Post
Can someone please verify that you can in fact use Blackberry Messenger on the new plan? BB messenger uses pin messaging. I am betting it will work, but just want to make sure before I make the switch.

Thanks!
bbmessenger is data so it will work
Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #111
Sarlic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi everyone:

I currently have the unlimited dataplan 44.99 with Verizon. On the blackberry website, however, I have been able to set up access to my gmail AND my work e-mail, even though I believe this plan is BIS (is that correct?)

I went up to my local store yesterday to see about switching and they told me that I would not be able to use corporate access/BES on the 29.99 plan, but as far as I know, my current plan is BIS and I still get my work e-mail on it.

So the question is --- would my corporate e-mail work if I still downgraded to 29.99 BIS, like it currently does?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #112
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Sarlic, probably only you can say for sure whether you are using BIS or not? Look at your bill and see what you are paying for. But sounds to me from what you say, your BB does not sync PIM info with a corporate server, correct? You set up your work email account same way you would have set up your gmail or any other personal email, correct? If so, your work email will continue provided all you are changing is the price you are paying and not the actual service, and also provided your employer continues to allow access to the email via that method.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-04-2007 at 07:24 AM..
Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #113
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Carrier: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlic View Post
Hi everyone:

I currently have the unlimited dataplan 44.99 with Verizon. On the blackberry website, however, I have been able to set up access to my gmail AND my work e-mail, even though I believe this plan is BIS (is that correct?)

I went up to my local store yesterday to see about switching and they told me that I would not be able to use corporate access/BES on the 29.99 plan, but as far as I know, my current plan is BIS and I still get my work e-mail on it.

So the question is --- would my corporate e-mail work if I still downgraded to 29.99 BIS, like it currently does?
I know what you mean by this because this is what I've been asking above on my posts. You've basically setup your work email to get polled by the BIS setup. The problem here is if Verizon has separated the featureset like T-Mobile has on the new plan not to allow Exchange or Lotus Notes "direct server" BIS connection on the new BIS plan then your work email will stop. So far no one has made the change and complained that it's stopped working for them, but then again you're also the first one I've seen post this very valid question. The answer at the moment is unknown, but you could try it and let us know. I will say this. If Verizon has separated their BES and BIS setups "exactly" like T-Mobile has had theirs for a while then you will not be able to get your work email if you drop down to just BIS.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #114
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
I know what you mean by this because this is what I've been asking above on my posts. You've basically setup your work email to get polled by the BIS setup. The problem here is if Verizon has separated the featureset like T-Mobile has on the new plan not to allow Exchange or Lotus Notes "direct server" BIS connection on the new BIS plan then your work email will stop. So far no one has made the change and complained that it's stopped working for them, but then again you're also the first one I've seen post this very valid question. The answer at the moment is unknown, but you could try it and let us know. I will say this. If Verizon has separated their BES and BIS setups "exactly" like T-Mobile has had theirs for a while then you will not be able to get your work email if you drop down to just BIS.
Serves me right for trying above to answer something I didn't know anything about. But in my defense, I didn't know that I didn't know.

Out of curiosity, if the work email is set up in BIS in the same way as gmail was setup, how does it make a difference? Or was the work email *not* setup in the same way? Or does VZW somehow distinquish where the email is being retrieved?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #115
Ashg
Thumbs Must Hurt

I did the plan fix online without ever having to call CS. No more checking my data usage every day to see when I'm about to hit the 10MB ceiling!

I like what VZW has done for us. For my calling area, they have the best signal and service. I rue the day I move and have to ponder switching!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #116
pattachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 3041CDB8

Yeah, I switched a couple days ago when I picked up a used 8830... had the 44.99 for all of 12 hours... lady tried to put me on the 10mb plan, and I told her it should be unlimited... 20 minutes on hold and she "found it" thank goodness. I've had this thing less then 4 days and have already used about 20mb of data.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #117
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Serves me right for trying above to answer something I didn't know anything about. But in my defense, I didn't know that I didn't know.

Out of curiosity, if the work email is set up in BIS in the same way as gmail was setup, how does it make a difference? Or was the work email *not* setup in the same way? Or does VZW somehow distinquish where the email is being retrieved?
If the work email is simply a POP3 setup then it'll still work. If it's not then it won't. So far with T-Mobile I've run into this problem setting up a client that uses MS Exchange, but the server is open to OWA, but not POP3. If they don't activate BES on the cell account the connection won't work when you go in the BIS and try to add the email account. Basically when you setup the account in BIS and you look at the advanced setting for it the email servere reads as one of the follows if it's OWA/Exchange....

http://mail.mydomain.com/exchange
or
https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange

depending on if you're using SSL or not. If it's a simple POP3 account it will read as mail.mydomain.com.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #118
sLpFhaWK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 24a3cd45
Carrier: Tmobile

im on the phone w/ verizon right now. and this girl is stupid, i need a direct # for someone who knows wut their talkin about..
Old 11-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #119
Sarlic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
If the work email is simply a POP3 setup then it'll still work. If it's not then it won't. So far with T-Mobile I've run into this problem setting up a client that uses MS Exchange, but the server is open to OWA, but not POP3. If they don't activate BES on the cell account the connection won't work when you go in the BIS and try to add the email account. Basically when you setup the account in BIS and you look at the advanced setting for it the email servere reads as one of the follows if it's OWA/Exchange....

http://mail.mydomain.com/exchange
or
https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange

depending on if you're using SSL or not. If it's a simple POP3 account it will read as mail.mydomain.com.
Mine reads https://webmail.[domain].com/exchange

I'm thinking what I might do is switch over to 29.99. If it works, great. If not, I change. Can't hurt to try!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #120
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlic View Post
Mine reads https://webmail.[domain].com/exchange

I'm thinking what I might do is switch over to 29.99. If it works, great. If not, I change. Can't hurt to try!
Yeah, it could say anything really depending on how your IT Admin setup the DNS a record (name) for the website. If you do it, please let us all know if it still works for you. You definatly have BIS/Exchange OWA setup and I'm very intersted to know if it'll continue to work for you or not. I know I'll have a lot of clients who will need this info and VZW reps are just too stupid to answer the question correctly. Hell, 90% of them don't even know of the new plan yet and it's been like a week. I just love big companies, don't you.

Keep us posted and THANKS!
Closed Thread