BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
ninay

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: globe telecom

Please Login to Remove!

hi. i have problem with my BB 9700. i have an internet connection as well as i can open pages but i cant log in. someone please help. thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #22
ReDeemeRs

Carrier: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaroonNg View Post
I have similar problem with my BB9700. I can use wifi in office and free wifi hotspots provided by the carrier without any problem.

I could connect to my wifi at home, however, the connection drops every time just after a successful connection. But, other equipments i.e. desktop, notebook are ok.

It seems that both my home router and BB are working fine with other equipment. But, they are just not compatible with each other. The brand of my router is Buffalo G300N.

I searched all possible websites over the world can try to solve the problem. After about 1 more month searching and test. I finally locate the problem. The problem is at the "router setting".

In Buffalo, the default setting for channel is "auto". This is the root of the problem. When there is interference around, the channel will switch for a better one, then the connection would drop since the reception of BB is not stronger than desktop and notebook. How to solve it? Try to switch the "auto channel" function to "manual". Let say, Channel 1, if it is not perfect, try channel 6 and 11. After that, my problem got fixed. Trial and error are very painful and time consuming. Hope these could help. From BB User in Hong Kong
i think i have the same problem as you, i've already tried all the channel i have, but My 9700 still can't get internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
I tried a number of things to stabilize my wifi connection, including a new router (which made no difference out of the box going from a LinkSys to D-Link).

I believe that changing the following solved the issue for me:

- set wireless from a/b/g/n to g-only

- set autoscan channels off, I used channel 5.

- reduced beacon frequency from 100 (default) to 50.

- set channel width from 20/40 Auto to 20.

- set SIP ALG off and SPI off (I have VoIP phones on the network).

I had tried a number of other things, including reserving and assigning static IP's, MAC Filtering, switching from WPA2 to WPA, changing encryption from TKIP/AES to TKIP only, etc., but I believe the 4 or 5 items I listed made the difference. Yes, I do realize the possible risk of turning SPI off but in my case, I believe it to be minimal.
tried this too, but it still hard to get internet connection. sometimes it connect, but often disconect.
i've already got ip address, but still hard to connect.
it has no problem in my office, and the psp i have at home is having no problem at all connecting to internet.

any other solution.

thx

btw, i'm using TL-WR941ND for my wireless router

Last edited by ReDeemeRs; 10-26-2010 at 07:57 AM..
Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #23
ap10046

Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: BB 9700 Wifi connection

I upgraded to OS 6 (344) and have quite a few issues..most annoying of which is that I can no longer browse using wifi. It shows the access point, full reception and connected but I can't connect to net, open appworld or use any other app that used wifi earlier.

Have any of you experienced this?
Workarounds? If any?

Obliged!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #24
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Boy, have I got a deal for you ;)

I am on my 4th 9700/6.0.0.418 beta

Just yesterday, I finally figured out how to get wifi running.

You simply connect to any wifi, then setup wifi, menu - troubleshoot, Ping, select Self, menu - send ping. If that doesn't get at least 3 of 4 returns, select IP or Name - name: Google or any site and then menu - send ping

Hope that helps
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #25
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsushi61 View Post
Hi Guys,
I think I have the weirdest problem of all,
I have different sim cards for whenever I travel between Canada, Europe, Middle east and China. My problem is that in the middle east some countries don't have a blackberry service, so my only way to get my emails and use my BBM was to connect via WIFI, all was working well till yesterday, when i went from a country with a blackeberry service to one with no blackberry service. In the morning the WIFI connection was working then all stoped in all WIFI areas, Home, Work and caffees.
this is what I'm getting, My BB 9700 is connected on the networks but still have the (-) on my WIFI status. and can't connect to the internet or send any BBMs and emails.

I tried a battery reboot, a soft reboot, a double soft reboot. I also changed the net work to HOTSPOT but nothing seems to work. I even switvhed SIM cards from my various ones that have a BB plan but nothing worked.
Any suggestions??
Thank you.
It may just be a glitch that has developed with your OS. Occasionally it needs to be reloaded or a newer version installed

I recommend the beta 9700 OS 6 versions for style and an amazing browser. But in any country you are in, if they still don't have the Torch, 9780, or 9670 its possible that your browser won't work and you'll need to use opera mini.

As far as wifi, I have 9700/6.0.0.418 now and will be testing its wifi connection at a hotspot. The older versions connected to hotspots just fine, but wouldn't actually access anything... Until I stumbled on the solution (which you should try first, before anything - the menu options are similar, I believe)

After connecting to a hotspot..
The workaround is to do a wifi setup, troubleshoot, menu, send ping, self ping or IP Ping (google for eg.) If you get pings back, exit and check to see if you're getting data..

Its a bit of a learning curve with BB6 and if you don't have the time, just download the latest 5 and install to PC.
Then for any OS - Delete the vendor.xml in program files, common files, research in motion, apploader - folder. Then run Loader.exe from the same folder. The newer OS install should do the trick.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #26
luk

Carrier: proximus

Can't get to my App store through Wifi. Some there to advice me?
Closed Thread