BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
JMF1234

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default Unbelievable: RIM refuses to support a deffective phone!

Please Login to Remove!

My story is quite baffling. It does give you some insights to the poor judgement of some companies theses days.
I purchased an unlocked phone from Tigerdirect.com, the 7100i phone worked for several months before the microphone died. RIM is refusing to help me despite the fact that I am still under warranty! They blamed ATT (who did not even sell me the phone!). When that did not work, they blamed Tiger (who has nothing to do with deffective phones, unless it is DOA). When that did not work, a supervisor was assigned to my case. She claimed TIGER is not their customer and they do not support people who purchase phones through them. Can you imagine how low this is? Theses guys are selling thousands of phones through Tiger and they claim to not support deffective units!?

Go to Tigerdirect.com, search for RIM. You will find 3 RIM phones and you will also find a tech support phone number... from RIM!

Theses guys are a disgrace! RIM's management should be ashamed of such poor servicing to their customers. I only wanted to have a working phone, nothing else! They abused my trust in them and I have wasted all my time trying to... have a simple phone I have re-routed my entire sales team smart phone budget to the Palm Treo 680.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMF1234 View Post
My story is quite baffling. It does give you some insights to the poor judgement of some companies theses days.
I purchased an unlocked phone from Tigerdirect.com, the 7100i phone worked for several months before the microphone died. RIM is refusing to help me despite the fact that I am still under warranty! They blamed ATT (who did not even sell me the phone!). When that did not work, they blamed Tiger (who has nothing to do with deffective phones, unless it is DOA). When that did not work, a supervisor was assigned to my case. She claimed TIGER is not their customer and they do not support people who purchase phones through them. Can you imagine how low this is? Theses guys are selling thousands of phones through Tiger and they claim to not support deffective units!?

Go to Tigerdirect.com, search for RIM. You will find 3 RIM phones and you will also find a tech support phone number... from RIM!

Theses guys are a disgrace! RIM's management should be ashamed of such poor servicing to their customers. I only wanted to have a working phone, nothing else! They abused my trust in them and I have wasted all my time trying to... have a simple phone I have re-routed my entire sales team smart phone budget to the Palm Treo 680.
Your first mistake was buying a Blackberry from TigerDirect. I was always told never to buy anything from Tiger Direct because the merchandise they offer was of the poorest quality.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Let's keep it to one thread please.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ive-phone.html