Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
wright.brian.j

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Email questions

Please Login to Remove!

My organization just switched from WinMo/ActiveSync to BB 9000s. None of us have used BB before, so we're all stumbling around for the moment. Almost every single one of my test group has asked about the default mail view showing both the BES/Exchange and personal account messages all in one view when going to the "Messages" button. I have figured out how to view only the Exchange inbox by using the "View Folder" option, but I haven't figured out how to make that the default view. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

(Also, if it can be done, if there's a way to force the setting through BES, I would appreciate that too)

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Brian
Old 07-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

The Message icon consolidates ALL your e-mail accounts into one view. You cannot separate them once you use this icon.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
wright.brian.j

Wirelessly posted

You say "once you use this icon." Can things be set to separated before using the icon?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

No, but every email account that you setup for your BlackBerry will have a separate e-mail icon. When you use those individual icons then you will only see the e-mails for those e-mail accounts, but when you use the Messages icon, then you will see all the e-mails for all the other e-mail profiles. Unfortunately, if you're on a BES, then that is the default location of all the BES e-mails. So you will still have to go in there. I don't know of anyway that you can avoid this.

Maybe the experts might know.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: AT&T

Wright, Kirrin is right, the "message" icon aggregates ALL messages , BES and BIS messages (corporate and personal). There clearly isnt a way around it. RIM made it a bit easier to see messages from seperate accounts for BIS or personal only by adding those icons Kirin mentioned to sort out of.

There are third party solutions like the empower bes mailbox which does what I think you want (keeping all messages seperate) but its' a bit of a costly solution. I've also read and tried the "filter trick" if you do a search on the forums, but again, it's a bit tricky and wonky in my opinion if you do this. Case in point, BlackBerry does not have a straight cut through solution to keep the personal and BES messages seperate.

Hope this helps..
Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
wright.brian.j

Wirelessly posted

Thank you both for the replies. We're currently testing with some "friendly" user at the moment, but I'm hoping to get as many answers as possible before VP's get these things.
Closed Thread