Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:07 AM   #1
Nanoman

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: EE
Default Music File issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new Q10 and, especially with the new OS update, absolutely love it. I want to try out the music player but am having a bit of a nightmare. I want to use FLAC files and don't want to use iTunes (I am on a mac) so Blackberry Link is a no go (it also looks rubbish). I am instead using File Manager and this seems to work real well. I have dropped a series of m4a and flac files into the Music Folder of my Media Card. In file manager i can see all these files present. The music app just doesn't see them unless they are in the Music Folder of the Device. Is there any way of changing the location where the native music app looks for files? Surely users would fill up the device memory very quickly if media files all need to be on the device memory??
Old 02-02-2014, 05:09 AM   #2
Nanoman

Default Re: Music File issues

I should say i have EXACTLY the same issue with the native Pictures app. It doesn't see any of the photos i have taken which sit on the media card
Old 02-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Are the file types supported by the Q10?

Supported audio and video file extensions, formats, and codecs - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1

If not, it's up to you to find a program that lets you convert them all to a supported format.

For photos on the media card you must make sure your Q10 is looking at the media card and not at internal storage. By default it looks at internal memory. You need to navigate to the SD Card to see the pics on it.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Nanoman

Hi - thanks for the reply. No, i had checked all the obvious already. The files all play from File Manager absolutely fine. I "think" looking at other forums that the native music player does not (and cannot?!!) access the media card. You say "navigate to it" - how? From within the native music or picture player? That doesn't seem possible nor can i find anything in settings that looks linked to this
Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

Media player can play almost any type of media found either on your device or your micro SD Card. There are no settings, it's done automatically.

Open Music>Library. All of the music you have on both (card and phone) will be scanned and added after the first use. You can create Playlists and browse through all music, or you can search for individual songs.

If the card cannot be read by the device, then either it's blank, or it's corrupted and needs to be formatted and music reloaded on it.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
Nanoman

Hi - can i just check what you mean by "Media Player"? The default preinstalled player on my Q10 is called "Music" and it definitely does NOT see playable files on the micro SD card. These files are seen by File manager or Neutron.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #7
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

Selecting a file in Music will open the Native player.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #8
Nanoman

Gentlemen, i am not sure if i am being unclear but we seem to be going round in circles. My question was only ever about the media card and files on it.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoman View Post
I have a new Q10 and, especially with the new OS update, absolutely love it. I want to try out the music player but am having a bit of a nightmare. I want to use FLAC files and don't want to use iTunes (I am on a mac) so Blackberry Link is a no go (it also looks rubbish). I am instead using File Manager and this seems to work real well. I have dropped a series of m4a and flac files into the Music Folder of my Media Card. In file manager i can see all these files present. The music app just doesn't see them unless they are in the Music Folder of the Device. Is there any way of changing the location where the native music app looks for files? Surely users would fill up the device memory very quickly if media files all need to be on the device memory??
Did you format the SD card in device?
Did you allow the device to search all the files, it can take a lil while but not hours
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread