Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
mitchdawg

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Thanks for fixing my outlook calendar sync

Please Login to Remove!

I just wanted to say how appreciative I am of the help that I received from a number of people who helped me fix a problem that was plaguing me for a while now. See the thread below beginning at the bottom and moving up for the conversations from beginning to end. The private conversation posted here is a combination of conversations with a number of different people on this board. Thanks to Sith_apprentice, Jsanders, ezrunner and BBadmin.

I did originally, but received no responses.

It definitely is occuring with my calendar because it gets half way through syncing with my calendar before quitting/failing. I tried what was mentioned in the article about deleting all attachments, but to no avail. Once the sync process is "Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar" it gets to record 1591 of 2151 and then a Windows window pops up saying that "Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Thank you for your help. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first blackberry and I can't believe they don't have any type of customer support for their phones/programs.

You are the man!! (or woman??)

Seriously, I appreciate your help very much.

Your specific recommendation didn't actually work, but by me arranging all of the dates in the way that you said (like a spreadsheet), I was able to see that when I added holidays like 4th of july and Christmas, etc., it added them without dates associated with them and so I deleted all of those along with other recurring items that didn't have dates associated with them within the calendar. When I deleted all of those appointments without actual dates assigned to them, it worked. Thank you very much for you patience and commitment to helping me out. I really appreciate this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice
lean up your Outlook Calendar. Many times conflicts in Outlook - email, address book, tasks, or calendar conflicts - disrupt or prevent proper synchronization. The problem is the tools Microsoft provides (ScanOST.exe and ScanPST.exe) don't fix Calendar or Address Book conflicts. The only way to do this effectively is to find them manually.

Calendar Conflicts: There are no default Calendar views that reveal conflicts, so you have to copy it from an existing view.

1. From the Outlook Calendar Menu select View --> Arrange By --> Current View --> Define Views. (Note which view you're currently using so you can go back to it when you're done)
2. Scroll down the list of views, click ONCE on Events and click the [Copy] button. You will be asked for a name for the view, it will default to Copy of Events which we'll change to ALL here - you can name it whatever you want, then click [OK].
3. A Customize View: All window will appear. Click on [Filter] then click the Advanced tab. Click on anything listed in the Field items that match these criteria: window and click the [Remove] button.
4. You can also remove grouping and add/remove fields, just make sure the Icon field is shown and is the first field.
5. Click the [OK] button to dismiss the Customize View: All window, make sure ALL is selected from the Views list and click [Apply View] button.
6. You will now have a list of everything in your Calendar! Scroll through the entire list keeping an eye out for:
1. Yellow Conflict Icons: These will appear in the left column as either a yellow shield or crossed yellow swords. Double click on the item, and Outlook will tell you there is a conflict between two entries and ask which one to keep. Usually just keep the latest item or open them and decide which one to keep.
2. Non Calendar Items (also usually yellow): These are things that probably got dragged and dropped into the calendar accidentally - like an email or a task or a contact (not yellow). Move the item OUT of the Calendar!
7. Once you've removed all Conflicts and Non-Calendar items, go back to your original view.

try that and let me know if it helps.

I did originally, but received no responses.

It definitely is occuring with my calendar because it gets half way through syncing with my calendar before quitting/failing. I tried what was mentioned in the article about deleting all attachments, but to no avail. Once the sync process is "Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar" it gets to record 1591 of 2151 and then a Windows window pops up saying that "Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Thank you for your help. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first blackberry and I can't believe they don't have any type of customer support for their phones/programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
Mitch, please post your question on the Forum,...

You need to see what the error is that is stopping the process.. probably a calendar or address book error.

Look at this:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...esktop_Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchdawg
I have seen many posts and it looks as though you are very knowledgable. I need help. I just purchased a Curve from Verizon and I am having major issues synching it up to my Outlook's calendar. My calendar is held on a public folder. Everytime that I load the software onto the computer for the first time (I have removed it and reinstalled it numerous times), the calendar syncs up perfectly. Then everytime that I hook it up a second time, it begins the synch process and begins dowloading information from my calendar and gets about halfway when a Windows pop up window appears, saying that "Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it gives me the option to "Send the Error Report".

I really need to be able to load my calendar form Outlook onto my Blackberry. Can you help here?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

I am sure they appreciate your feedback! Lot's of great folks here!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 06-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

mitchdawg glad they could help

wish I could have been but I don't use outlook all that much
Old 06-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

glad you got it working, and thank you for posting this so that others can see it as well
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

They all rock!