BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
Zebedoo

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Red face Following a redelivery of Service Book messages being duplicated in users mailbox

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Got a strange one going on here and would appreciate any thoughts on it, and to know if anyone has experienced the same.

Config:
BES 4.1.1
Exchange 5.5 SP4
Mail Client Outlook 2003 SP2
BB models affected: 8800, 7230

Some of our users were experiencing issues on their handheld devices whereby they were not syncronising properly with Exchange and were unable to do a Reconcile now as the option had disappeared from their menus. The devices have had the settings checked - Sync Mailbox & Handheld - Mailbox wins etc.

In an attempt to fix it, we tried Deleting & then Undeleting the Desktop [CMIME] Service book as was recommended. Since doing so we have had numerous people complain that they have had months of mails reappearing in their Inbox on both the Outlook client and then in turn on their Handheld device.

This has apprently happened before here (although noone found the solution) about a year ago back then the decision was made to simply rebuild the users device - something which can take a while to do and also our users complain that they do not have all their historical mails.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this in the past with their BES and if so was their any other way around resolving other than restoring the users mailbox back to how it was before it all went mental?

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated as our users are getting more and more unhappy every day :(
Old 11-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
PXBB

Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi Zebedoo,

We have been experiencing this behaviour since January 2007 and have been working with RIM non stop for 11 months trying to get to the bottom of the issue. What we have seen is that the emails that reappear in the users inbox are emails that have been previously filed, rather than them duplicating. The filed emails are moved back to the inbox and the only resolution is to get the user to refile them. A real pain and extremely time consuming.

We have been told the actual fault lies with the device itself. A workaround has been coded for us that is server side and that was installed last week. However, we are still getting users reporting the problem.

Once I have an update, I'll pass it on.

PX
Old 11-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Zebedoo

PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PXBB View Post
Hi Zebedoo,

We have been experiencing this behaviour since January 2007 and have been working with RIM non stop for 11 months trying to get to the bottom of the issue. What we have seen is that the emails that reappear in the users inbox are emails that have been previously filed, rather than them duplicating. The filed emails are moved back to the inbox and the only resolution is to get the user to refile them. A real pain and extremely time consuming.

We have been told the actual fault lies with the device itself. A workaround has been coded for us that is server side and that was installed last week. However, we are still getting users reporting the problem.

Once I have an update, I'll pass it on.

PX
What a nightmare 11 Months! But you're right it is where messages have been filed and then become unfiled - I've just opened a call with RIM, so I'm really hoping that they resolve it for you soon and can replicate the fix for us.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not going mad though

Z

Last edited by Zebedoo; 11-16-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Closed Thread