BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT
Default Have to order online or customer servie?

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a 7105 10 days ago and returned it now since the 14 day trial wouldn't encompass the release date of the 8100. Tmo has annotated my account to show that I am still available for the upgrade discount, but now they are saying I cannot go into the store to buy the 8100 with the upgrade discount. They are saying something about having to manually override "something" and so I will have to buy the phone online or through customer service in order to get the deal.

Is this true or was the girl just giving me a load? Do you guys know of a way I can get around this?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmer
I bought a 7105 10 days ago and returned it now since the 14 day trial wouldn't encompass the release date of the 8100. Tmo has annotated my account to show that I am still available for the upgrade discount, but now they are saying I cannot go into the store to buy the 8100 with the upgrade discount. They are saying something about having to manually override "something" and so I will have to buy the phone online or through customer service in order to get the deal.

Is this true or was the girl just giving me a load? Do you guys know of a way I can get around this?
Go to the store and ask, or just pay retail price.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
duce95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmo
Talking

you can come into the store and we can see you returned your 7105 and manually discount the phone.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
casmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce95
you can come into the store and we can see you returned your 7105 and manually discount the phone.
Thanks. I think this is the part she said they didn't want to do. She said something about it "really messing up the computer system". And she followed that up with the "you must order online . . .". That was the part I was having a hard time believing.

But you are saying it can be done and it won't mess the system up? Thanks.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #5
mrivero

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

as long as it is noted on your account you will be able to do it in any store without messing anything up. just make sure you mention it to the rep, that there are notes, the rep will just have to do everything manually.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 AM   #6
Mikef1182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmer

It is up to the manager of that store. For every discount the store does "manually" it will show up on thier audit reports. My manager for example is so anal she will not allow us to do it unless it is an extremly pissed off customer. The more overrieds the more explaning they have to do, which eqaulsore paper work. Some managers just dont want the extra hassal. oh amd it doesnt mess anything up, we just dont get credit for any manual upgrades. Alot of the times it is the reps being lazy because we dont get paid for it.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #7
casmer

Thanks for the info. I will call around to find a store that won't mind doing it.
Closed Thread